PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers jersey in Heritage Auction

ivo610
07-23-2012, 08:28 PM
A great Rodgers jersey in heritage auction right now that ends next week. Worn in the Thanksgiving game last season. What do you guys think it will end at? Any chance it gets close to what the Brady went for in the winter?

Flamechicken
07-24-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't think that it will get anywhere close to the Brady jersey from the Super Bowl auction. I still can't believe that the Brady jersey went for what the Brady jersey went for.

If it was three years from now and Rodgers had another Super Bowl ring and the Packers didn't sell anymore of his jerseys, it might reach 45k.

With that being said, I hope that I'm wrong.

legaleagle92481
07-25-2012, 04:41 PM
It won't go near the Brady. Brady jerseys are super rare. the Pats don't sell them and only a handful legit ones have ever hit the market. The Pack sells several Rodgers jerseys a year. The latest were only $7,500 in late November last year. I can't see someone paying 30k knowing that more will be offered this year by the team for much less.

ivo610
07-27-2012, 11:24 AM
It won't go near the Brady. Brady jerseys are super rare. the Pats don't sell them and only a handful legit ones have ever hit the market. The Pack sells several Rodgers jerseys a year. The latest were only $7,500 in late November last year. I can't see someone paying 30k knowing that more will be offered this year by the team for much less.

I dont think its a lock that the Packers will continue selling them. You havent seen them sell a Woodson jersey (1 in NFL auctions) or a Driver (other than one throwback) or a Matthews (other than the 1 throwback). Favre jerseys from the 90s that a legit are extremely rare. Packers seem to go in spurts with their game worn items. But I do hope they continue to sell GW jerseys.

I take it you will be passing on this auction then and wait to see what the packers sell next season?

legaleagle92481
08-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I dont think its a lock that the Packers will continue selling them. You havent seen them sell a Woodson jersey (1 in NFL auctions) or a Driver (other than one throwback) or a Matthews (other than the 1 throwback). Favre jerseys from the 90s that a legit are extremely rare. Packers seem to go in spurts with their game worn items. But I do hope they continue to sell GW jerseys.

I take it you will be passing on this auction then and wait to see what the packers sell next season?

They are big money so why should they stop selling them? My guess is they sell them for 10k this year. I don't know why they did not sell the other players maybe they don't want their jerseys sold. Once the Genie is out of the bottle it rarely goes back in. I predict within the next year or two every teams jerseys hit the market in quantity. Look at the NBA. Two years ago it was almost impossible to get those jerseys now you just have to go to nbagameworn.com and can get virtually any player you want in many cases multiple jerseys have been available of superstars for months.

jhunt28
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
OMG!! Rodgers sold for $21,510....I'm such a moron for selling mine last year for $7,500....

Flamechicken
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
OMG!! Rodgers sold for $21,510....I'm such a moron for selling mine last year for $7,500....

If you made a profit, be happy and move on. I'm sure we all wish we could look into the future. Besides, I don't think a home jersey would pull that in an auction, too many out there.

legaleagle92481
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow the jersey sold for $7,500 at the end of November on the Packers site. Someone is going to feel stupid when the Pack sells more for less than half of what they paid this year. Congrats to the seller that is a sweet profit.

ivo610
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Reguardless of speculating on the future, the market value has been set.

beantown
08-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I've seen the Rodgers jerseys on the Packers website, Heritage Auctions, JO Sports and eBay....now that Heritage Auctions has set the bar, does anyone have a list of how many of his game worn jerseys are out there and what they've sold for? Moreover, what do you believe is his most significant jersey that's been available? Curious to see collectors responses as I'm a Brady collector, but the results of this Rodgers jersey in Heritage Auctions is some what eye opening to me...

Flamechicken
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I would think that the Heritage jersey would be one of the more sought after, being the only away jersey (that I know of) in the market.

ivo610
08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I would think that the Heritage jersey would be one of the more sought after, being the only away jersey (that I know of) in the market.

Its the 2nd away jersey to come to market. The first was through NFL auctions.

Flamechicken
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Its the 2nd away jersey to come to market. The first was through NFL auctions.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember when that auction was?

ivo610
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you remember when that auction was?

october of 2010