PDA

View Full Version : Why can't every store be like this?!!

guadmin
11-17-2005, 11:47 PM
November 9 2005 at 1:10 PM Joe K. (Login vintagesportscollector)
Heaven on earth...can you guess where this store is located? Check out the pics I took..

http://photobucket.com/albums/c118/vintagesportscollector/

....more info to follow, but imagine stumbling upon this place during one of your weekend sports antique hunts!!!

HOWARD WOLF
(Login hblakewolf)
NATIONAL PASTIME IS THE BEST!
November 9 2005, 1:28 PM

Joe-
Great photos of National Pastime in Cooperstown.

Thanks and I can't wait to see additional shots!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)
Re: NATIONAL PASTIME IS THE BEST!
November 9 2005, 2:10 PM

Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of so damn good looking?!?!? Ok...damn average looking.

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)
Re: Why can't every store be like this?!!
November 9 2005, 2:10 PM

Is everything for sale?

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)
November 9 2005, 2:20 PM

Joe, great stuff and you did a fantastic job photographing everything. Now I'm even more bummed I won't be going to Cooperstown over Thanksgiving as planned...

--Aaron
http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)
November 9 2005, 2:24 PM

The prices are extremely high. Here is a link to the online store.

http://www.walkergallery.com/index.html

Aaron M.
(Login aaron1050)
November 9 2005, 2:27 PM

Mike, you kind of figure for a store like that which would appeal to mostly free-spending tourists. Plus not much there that's particularly rare and you couldn't readily find on E-Bay.

Now, Joe, how about some pictures of the HOF itself??

--Aaron
http://aaronsroom.blogspot.com/

Joe K.
(Login vintagesportscollector)
RE: National Pastime
November 9 2005, 2:50 PM

National Pastime is a highlight of Cooperstown. One block down from the HOF. I was there last Nov. when I took these pictures. Everything has a price tag, but I would be shocked if they ever sell anything...the prices are absolutely ridiculous. The memorabilia and equipment really just serves as a museum back drop for the new stuff they sell. None the less it is a fanastic museum/store. I could be wrong, maybe they do sell some stuff, but it wouldn't be too a collector who had any notion of value.

They haven't updated their wesbite for the vintage stuff in like 2 years so that also shows the stuff is really just for show. But I would love to know more about the owner and how he came about acquiring all this stuff over the years.

When I was there the HOF was under restoration so it was a little disappointing. I had been to the HOF 2 times before so no big deal, but I did take many photos on the HOF too. I'll post those shortly. I look forward to getting back there now that it has fully reopened.

Mike H- Did you see the Spalding figurals in the window display? ahumm....hint,hint

Mike H
(Login mjkm90)
Re: RE: National Pastime
November 9 2005, 3:01 PM

Joe...you know I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs when I see those trophies! I passed out for a couple seconds there, but I'm ok now. Your lucky I didn't electricute myself when the drool hit the keyboard or that I didn't fall through my computer screen mister!!! Next time post a WARNING PLEASE!!!
Wouldn't you love to walk into your baseball room and see a couple of those on your desk or in a place of distinction. I particularly love the first baseman fielding the ball in the scoop position. As Wayne Campbell once said "It will be mine...Oh yes...It will be mine".

Daniel Bretta
(Login slidekellyslide)
Re: RE: National Pastime
November 9 2005, 3:53 PM

Hey, you can see the exact Piedmont advertising sign in this photo that is hanging in my local TGI Fridays.

Great photos Joe.

Joe K.
(Login vintagesportscollector)
Piedmont Sign
November 9 2005, 5:11 PM

Cool Dan! Maybe TGIF buys from National Pastime.