PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch Help ? Please !

thomecollector
07-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I recently saw picture of Jim Thome playing first base for the Sox. He was wearing a first base mitt exactly like the one I own. I am pretty sure it is the one I have. I would appreciate any help from the experts on here. This is the first time I've ever seen this pic. Pay close attention to the laces.Thanks in advance !
Roger

thomecollector
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I found 1 more that may help. Lmk what you guys think.
Roger

thomecollector
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I guess it would help to put both pics together with the glove. Sorry!

WadeInBmore
07-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Roger...

To me they look like the same picture...but then again I'm just looking at it on my iPhone. Good eye catching that. I always love wen collectors find card companies reusing photos for other cards.

Wade

thomecollector
07-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Wade,
I know. It is the same picture. The single one is alot better . Thoughts on the match ??
Roger

nycpropain
07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Thats a style match not a photomatch sorry.

thomecollector
07-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Thats a style match not a photomatch sorry.
Obviously it's a style match. But you have to look at ALL of the lacing. First, the glove isn't positioned exactly like it is on the card. None the less. Look at the bottom near the wrist. See how the lace is tied,and curved ? The are almost the same. Second, look at the other end near the web. The little tied end . They are also the same. There are a few others. I am pretty sure it IS the same glove. Thanks.

thomecollector
07-25-2012, 01:27 AM
Obviously it's a style match. But you have to look at ALL of the lacing. First, the glove isn't positioned exactly like it is on the card. None the less. Look at the bottom near the wrist. See how the lace is tied,and curved ? The are almost the same. Second, look at the other end near the web. The little tied end . They are also the same. There are a few others. I am pretty sure it IS the same glove. Thanks.
God, I wish I had Kyle's skills to circle and point out these things,:(