PDA

View Full Version : Display for Complete Jersey or Similar

esquiresports
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I recently picked up a fire suit and wanted a nice way to display it. Just on a hanger looked too two-dimensional. So I picked up a mannequin locally. That was nice, but it seemed wrong to have it exposed and a little unpolished. So I decided to build a display. It was a painful process that took a lot of time (I won't bore you with the details), but you can get all the materials you need from Home Depot/Lowes. The lights, which are remote LEDs, are from Amazon.com. Did it all with a circular saw. Total cost around $300, because $200 was just for acrylic.

If you have a full jersey or similar you'd like to display, it's something you might consider.

Oh, and if any of you have red Nike race shoes circa 2000, please let me know! Would love to cover those socks, but don't want to do it with the wrong shoes.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/esquiresports/Schumi2.jpghttp://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/esquiresports/Schumi1.jpg

MLB~NUT
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Now that is one Classy case, very, very nice job...

OaklandAsFan
07-10-2012, 10:40 PM
That is an awesome case I may build one of them upstairs in my memorabilia room when I finally get my League of Their Own Geena Davis uniform displayed.

AthleticsFan
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
That's a nice 2000 Schumacher fire suit! Now if only you could get the helmet, gloves and shoes too.... :cool:

esquiresports
07-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks guys. I am a huge Formula 1 fan and was so excited to pick up a race worn suit of Schumi himself. A little strange for an American I know. I pretty much enjoy all sports (although I am still learning soccer).

Would love a helmet, but for Schumacher they run $40,000 and up I believe. Formula 1 and it's crazy prices. But I love - love - the sport.

Scott

allstarsplus
07-11-2012, 06:32 AM
That looks museum quality! Very impressive!

snick33
07-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Looks GREAT! You game me an idea. I made two curios. Its amazing what you save with a little time and hard work!

project 4
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
That is so awesome. Was thinking something like this could be purchased but wasn't sure where. I'll ask my brother if he might know. He owns a high end men's clothing store. Wanted to do this for one of mines... Thanks for sharing and again, very impressive!