PDA

View Full Version : national 2012

prichmond
07-07-2012, 08:31 PM
any one going to the national this year? if so what will you be looking for. My son and i will attend. I am looking for pennants, bobbleheads and bat rack banks, if you are atteding check out Mike Armstrong for his game used items jersey's. He generally has the best display.

Pete

DJaeger22
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll be there with a friend of mine. Mainly looking for anything of Flaherty and some unique SGA's and bobbleheads.

RJB44
07-07-2012, 11:58 PM
I will be attending. Looking at 1980s game used items, yearbooks and anything else that catches my eye.

RJB44

Preston
07-08-2012, 01:14 AM
I'll be there, will have a dealer pass and will be looking for anything that catches my eye - game used, autographs, cards, etc etc.

momen55
07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
where is it this year?

joelsabi
07-08-2012, 03:09 AM
where is it this year?

Baltimore.

Hoping for a 2016 date in Anaheim.

schubert1970
07-08-2012, 09:58 AM
High end name plates, stadium giveaways, etc.

xpress34
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
To the members looking for Bobble Heads and SGAs...

Are there any specific Bobbleheads or SGAs you are looking for? I ask because I have some vintage Gold Base (1966-1971) Mascot Head Bobbles as well as some Rockies SGA Bobbles and a few other 'nicer' Rockies SGAs (2007 NL Championship Trophy Replica and Ring Replica given away in 2008).

Let me know if you are interested in pics and prices.

Smitty

xpress34@comcast .net

xpress34
07-08-2012, 03:04 PM
P.S. - I also have a RARE 1961-63 Green Base BLACK face LA Dodgers Bobble.

Warman's Bobble Head Field Guide (last printed in 2005) lists the Black Face Dodgers value at $1,200 +

eMail me if interested or if you want to make an offer. It is in excellent condition.

As far as Mascot Heads on Gold Base I have:

Pirates
Tigers
Orioles
Indians
Reds

I also have Gold Base 'boy' head:

Phillies
Yankees
A's

Rockies Bobbles:

2002 Larry Walker
2002 Todd Helton
20011 Ubaldo Jimenez
2011 Troy Tulowitzki
2011 Cargo Gonzalez

And I almost forgot about a couple that were done in Fall 2000 in the NY City area by McDonalds for the SubWay Series WS (these were ONLY available at McDonalds in the 5 burroughs):

Roger Clemens
Mike Piazza

- Smitty

panthrotc
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Ill be makin the 2hr trip also.
i went in 2010 thinking id find some rare Upper Deck
pack certified issued McGwire Cards. There was none to be had.
But instead i stumbled across a insanely hard to find game used
bat of his from 97' which i had signed 7 months later in
spring training. Also picked up a Longoria game used 2009 Helmet & Jersey
from Lelands Auction House.

You really never know what your gona find there.

Ill be goin. I need to pay the 250$ Ransom
for Mariano Rivera's autograph so i can
finish off this 16x20 already signed by Jeter earlier
this year at a charity dinner.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/CARDS/YANKEES%20DEREK%20JETER/e03fd454-2.jpg

geoff
07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I will be there for 3 days and looking for anything cool that catches my eye.I will have some items for sale also with me.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

Basketball-collector
07-09-2012, 07:44 AM
I, too, will be there, as usual, looking for anything that catches my eye...

prichmond
07-09-2012, 01:09 PM
bummer no Orioles game this year. Bobble head guys have you found the site, Nodder Exchange? They do a monthly auction and have some great items.

pete

DonFan23
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I’ll also be there this year (Thursday only, unfortunately). My main targets are listed below:

· Yankees game used (mainly pre-1980 plus recent championship teams)
· Yankees programs/scorecards (mainly filling holes pre-1930 & post-1995)
· Full tickets/Stubs – regular season, postseason, ASG (mainly Yankees)
· Vintage press photos
· Other vintage baseball memorabilia (primarily display items including ad pieces & trophies)

Feel free to PM me if you’re going to be at the show on Thursday or if you can help me with anything on the list above. I was able to meet up with a few board members at the last go-round in Baltimore. I’m looking forward to another great time.

MarkakisMania
07-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I will be there for 3 days and looking for anything cool that catches my eye.I will have some items for sale also with me.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

Geoff, please bring all your locker room nameplates along as I would love to pick up a bunch of O's and Nats. If you have an advanced list I would love to see it.

Jeb

dougiedshow
07-18-2012, 07:37 AM
I will be there... mainly looking for ideas and contacts. Ready to make my serious hobby an actual business. And hoping to find some Expos stuff?

Basketball-collector
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Are you all having dinner at the hotel or going out to dinner each night ?

jbean023
07-23-2012, 12:15 PM
All,

At national Hollywood Collectibles usually has a booth if anyone stops by and sees some nice prices on a Hanley Ramirez gu bat or Matt Garza gu bat or cleats from his rays days and could let me know that would be great.

Thanks

prichmond
07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Is anyone interested in having a dinner Thursday or Friday night? I am going to the Hunt Auction Friday Night. Not bidding just watching. We could meet up there or anther location.

pete

TNTtoys
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm planning to be at the National for Wednesday night and Thursday day. I am heading home Thursday night because (sadly) I have to work on Friday and can't get out of it!!

OaklandAsFan
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
wasn't planning on hitting up the show at all but now I will be driving from NJ to NC on that Sunday and may stop in for a bit to see what I can snatch up as last minute deals.

thegoodz15
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
afternoon forum,

this will be our 28th year at a national convention....its always great to see our friends and collectors.....as always we will have over 150 game used bats.....yankees, orioles, pujols.....etc.....also at our table this year will be one of the finest game used yankees bat ever found, including 1966 mantle jersey, clemente bat and jersey...etc etc..we have 2 booths...and alot of amazing game used items.....our booth # is 2463...
come on by and say hi.......thegoodz15......sports world scott goodman

BergerKing22784
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Does anyone have like a free or discounted ticket for Thursday? I think it is dumb to have to pay $20 bucks for a preview day.

BergerKing22784
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Does anyone have like a free or discounted ticket for Thursday? I think it is dumb to have to pay $20 bucks for a preview day.

or wednesday whatever the first day is

russyurk
07-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Hey all, I need a little help tracking down the contact info for a dealer Imet at the National last year. For this group the most noticeable item heusually displayes is a late 50's era Team Canada flannel baseball jersey. I'm actuallyinterested in an autographed baseball he has/had and of course I lost his contactinfo after the show. If anyone sees this dealer it would be much appreciated ifyou could grab his card or e-mail address for me. Thanks.

I can be reached at russandkaty@att.net (russandkaty@att.net). Thanks!

Buster23!
07-31-2012, 02:19 PM
afternoon forum,

this will be our 28th year at a national convention....its always great to see our friends and collectors.....as always we will have over 150 game used bats.....yankees, orioles, pujols.....etc.....also at our table this year will be one of the finest game used yankees bat ever found, including 1966 mantle jersey, clemente bat and jersey...etc etc..we have 2 booths...and alot of amazing game used items.....our booth # is 2463...

Do you have any San Francisco Giants GU stuff? I will swing by your booth for sure

Chris78
07-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Glad to see that Brooks Robinson is going to be there. Anybody that goes I am interested in hearing how he is doing health wise? I know that he has had health problems recently and did not attend the induction ceremony in Cooperstown.

I would like to go, but it is about 3 hours to Baltimore, I have other things scheduled, and would be very costly to go. Hope everyone has a good time.

Chris

masp3392
07-31-2012, 06:13 PM
preston can you email me? i have a question

CollectGU
07-31-2012, 07:06 PM
afternoon forum,

Can someone visit him in the booth and ask why he refused to refund the forum member he sold the bogus ripken St. Pat's jersey to?

allstarsplus
08-01-2012, 05:14 AM
I will be there on Friday. For anyone around on the weekend, Nationals Park is 35 miles away and home every day thru the weekend. Friday is a 1 ticket doubleheader with the Marlins.

dcgreg25
08-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I am heading up this evening and Saturday morning. I may drop by on Friday afternoon for a while as well. Anybody interested in connecting, drop me an email.

WadeInBmore
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I should be there on Saturday. I'm lookin forward to it.

dcgreg25
08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Just got back from the preview night. Not a huge amount of game used and much of the inventory there was there two years ago. I stopped by the Goldin Auctions booth for a while and it looks like they have the makings of a strong initial auction with some great items and a good approach to the business.

Many of the same dealers with the same booths and similar inventory, some inventory. I recognized several jerseys from last year in Chicago and two years ago in Baltimore. No JO Sports and several of the larger auction houses had interesting displays from the upcoming auctions but not much for sale on the spot. Steiner had a nice booth with some reasonable prices on Yankees and Red Sox items.

I tried to make a deal on a nice Peyton Hillis Browns jersey from a dealer but couldnt get close to the asking price ($1800).

I walked away with some nice photos and baseballs to display with some of my All Star and World Series jerseys but nothing game used.

orioles03
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I should be there on Saturday. I'm lookin forward to it.

Wade call me sat we can meet up will be there everyday with Geoff

MarkakisMania
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I will be there on Friday. For anyone around on the weekend, Nationals Park is 35 miles away and home every day thru the weekend. Friday is a 1 ticket doubleheader with the Marlins.

Andrew, just checking I know that it was mentioned on another post that you or Brett would be opening your Art of the Game store at Camden Yards possibly Thursday or Friday. Do you know at this point if you will be doing that and what time?

I would love to stop by if you guys will be open.

Thanks

Jeb

geoff
08-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Had fun at day 1 of the National.Hung out with a few forum members and looking forward to meeting up with a few more members throughout the week.I thought the prices were high on most things I had interest in so I hope the prices go down.I will have items as well with me to sell if any member wants to meet up and say hi email me and I can give you my info as I will be there everyday.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

allstarsplus
08-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Andrew, just checking I know that it was mentioned on another post that you or Brett would be opening your Art of the Game store at Camden Yards possibly Thursday or Friday. Do you know at this point if you will be doing that and what time?

I would love to stop by if you guys will be open.

Thanks

Jeb

Jeb, sorry. Just got back. Didn't see your post. Brett opened up this afternoon for several Forum members.

Here's our gallery number in Camden Yards for anyone who wants to stop by: 410-244-8841

ironmanfan
08-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Was happy to pick this up yesterday at The National...1981 Orioles Cal Ripken Sr. road with cigarette pocket:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Game%20Used/103723de.jpghttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Game%20Used/f701aee5.jpg

geoff
08-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Day 3 of the National and it is fun to walk around and look at all the one of a kind items dealers are selling and what auction houses have up on display.Sold and traded some items and bought some stuff and 2 more days to go.Saw Ricky Henderson walking around and went up to him and got my pic taken with him.Gonna frame that one as I was always a fan of his.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

RJB44
08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Thats cool that you saw Rickey. I can't image that many of the people there signing autographs would walk the floor. I would think they would be hounded at first sight. Everything is so secretive with the signings. The stars are brought in through back doors, limited contact, have reps standing next to them every moment..there in and out. The way those promoters structure those signings clearly show that it's all about "business" $$$$.

Interesting to see all the "special" restrictions associated with certain signers. Some won't sign some certain things or won't sign their name a certain way. Who decides what will be charged, solely the player? or both player and promoter? I see that some autos cost way more then others. I guess it wouldn't be right for someone to wait in line all day to get an autograph for big $$$, then later someone else happens to see that player on the street corner or at a bar near near the convention center and ask for an autograph.

both-teams-played-hard
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
So, folks.
Let's see some National pick-ups!
The forum was down? Who knew?

geoff
08-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Sold 19 game used bats to get some of these items from the National.

20 bat stand
Pablo Sandoval game used signed cleats
Jim Palmer signed game used cleats
2 pairs of Carlos Pena Rays game used cleats
Robert Andino Orioles signed game used bat
AJ Burnett Yankee's locker room nameplate
John Lester Redsox locker room nameplate
Redsox game used base
Jonathon Papelbon Redsox game used road jersey
Miguel Tejada signed game used A's helmet
Miguel Cabrera signed game used 2012 Tiger's cleats
Thats the game used items I got but I did get more but not game used items.

Anyone else get anything?

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

DJaeger22
08-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I saw those Palmer cleats Geoff, they looked pretty good.

I only got a few stadium giveaways and some autographed pictures, there was nothing game used that I collect there.

tbone90
08-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Geoff,

I'd love to see some pics of the Miguel Cabrera autographed cleats you picked up if you ever get the opportunity to post some!

Sounds like you took in a great haul, congrats!

Tony

geoff
08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks and I will try to get pics soon.