PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins Minneapolis Millers game used items available

JeffB
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
The team store at Target Field now has the Twins Minneapolis Millers gear from their June 30th throwback game.

There were jerseys, which I believe are all signed and do come with the pants, ranging from $400 to $700. No Mauer, Morneau, Willingham, Span or Revere, but there was Plouffe and many others who played that day. They were also not washed. The Plouffe, Carroll and Casilla were all filthy with dirt down the front. These were made by Majestic and not sold to the public at retail. The team store only had Ebbets Field Flannels for sale.

There were also game worn Millers caps, made by New Era and not available to the public. $75 for coaches and $200 for players. There were also signed Millers batting helmets and at least two game used bases, which I believe were $450.

No sign of any Kansas City Blues items though. Not sure what their fate was just yet.

JeffB
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Just an update on the Minneapolis Millers gear the Twins wore on June 30th. Of interest, we have two helmets each from Drew Butera and Ryan Doumit, earflap batting helmets and flap-less catching helmets.

We also got both left flap and right flap Alexi Casilla helmets in as well, all of which are signed.

Some jerseys and helmets have sold, but plenty still to pick from.

punch
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the thread! I'd love a millers cap (even from an lesser name) but those prices are a premimum.

Might have to wait until Twinsfest to see if there are some scraps, or maybe some Millers stuff will show up on the secondary market some day. Kudos for keeping the jerseys unwashed though.

I wonder where the Morneau one wound up.

maverick14
07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Some of the stuff is up for auction, here's the link:
http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?wl=33072944&sort=team&teamname=Twins

Insomniac186
07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I really want one of the caps but I don't really want a coaches cap and the player caps are out of my range for the time being. I wish there was unused leftover team stock or something. A retail cap is around $30, I'd gladly pay $50 for an unused Millers cap.

staindsox
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I really want one of the caps but I don't really want a coaches cap and the player caps are out of my range for the time being. I wish there was unused leftover team stock or something. A retail cap is around $30, I'd gladly pay $50 for an unused Millers cap.

And these are WAY nicer than New Era.

http://www.ebbets.com/product/MinneapolisMillers1951Cap/Ballcaps

momen55
07-12-2012, 06:36 AM
i too have seen them, but for those ridiculous prices forget it. 150-200 for unis is good, but 400-700, maybe someone really wants them for that but no thanks. they are nice but not that nice.

adam-ky
07-12-2012, 08:03 AM
It is a very high cost since they only wore them for 1 game. It would be different if they wore them for a half of a season or something. Why would you want a uniform of someone who went 0-3 with two strikeouts for that kind of money????

rdeversole
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah and not having the players name on the back is always a display issue. It's usually a deal breaker in most cases for me involving serious cash - unless it's a special or extremely attractive throwback.

tony433433
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Just an update on the Minneapolis Millers gear the Twins wore on June 30th. Of interest, we have two helmets each from Drew Butera and Ryan Doumit, earflap batting helmets and flap-less catching helmets.

We also got both left flap and right flap Alexi Casilla helmets in as well, all of which are signed.

Some jerseys and helmets have sold, but plenty still to pick from.

Jeff,

I know that this isn't your fault, but I am still a little bummed/angered that when I stopped by the Target Field Majestic store and inquired about the Millers game used stuff, I was shut down on a few of these items. The guy helping me said he was not usually down in the clubhouse and doesn't normally sell the game used stuff (he was there to help Kenny Chesney purchase his Twins apparel). I asked about Plouffe stuff and was told everything was sold. I pointed out the fact that in the spreadsheet/log printout in the book of game used stuff the Plouffe helmet was not marked as sold (and was not listed under the sold items on the separate page). I told him I would be interested in it and would purchase it that day if it was available, but he would not budge or even ask anyone if they knew anything about the helmet (was it really sold or where was it). I was basically told "tough luck, it's sold".

The Millers items are unique and I wanted to be able to get something cool (picked up the Jerry White hat, and I was more willing to buy a jersey/pant set, but from a player I really liked). I was willing to spend considerable money, but for the right things. I felt like my treatment was pretty sub-par. Like I said, it's not your fault, in fact, I've had positive experiences when you are there answering my questions and talking game used. To cap it all off, after my hat purchase was complete the guy asked me, "How much will you get for a hat like that in a year or so?" He was calling me a dealer, implying that I was just in it to make a buck. I was really frustrated and didn't want to be pleasant, but I knew that being mean wouldn't help one bit. I just nicely stated that I try to collect items here and there from my favorite players or unique items for my eventual mancave.

The point of this long-winded story? It's one thing if I would have been told that the Plouffe helmet was going to be available on the auction page, but to tell me it was sold and just treat me like my business wasn't needed and that I was just a dealer looking for an easy buck was just rude. I love the Twins, I'm a season ticket holder, and have purchased many bits of memorabilia, I'm not the enemy.

Thanks for listening.

-Tony

JeffB
07-19-2012, 01:09 AM
The Plouffe helmet ended up being listed as part of our inventory, but was held back for the auction on MLB.com. With the 100's of game used items that pass through the retail operation, things like that simply will happen from time to time. Most of us thought it must have sold during a shift when we weren't there. We have over a dozen supervisors and not every item is manually logged as having been sold as they should be, especially if something is sold during the hectic time just prior to the start of a game. It just happens that way. They are far from perfect, me included.

As for being accused of being a dealer, we do deal with some rather aggressive buyers who do resell items, but should you be made to feel bad about buying something, even if you do plan on flipping it the very next day? Never. I'm not the boss and certainly cannot control the behavior of the associates when I'm not there or any of the other supervisors, as much as I'd like to be able to! Sorry from me if they were rude.

One final thing, if any of you have tried to send me a private message, on occasion I do get a popup window on this forum telling me I have a message, but when I try to view it, I get a message from the board telling me it cannot be opened, perhaps due to a popup blocker, and when I go to my account tab, it always shows my messages as being empty, so I'm not ignoring anyone, I just can't access them for the life of me. Sorry.

aaccee
07-20-2012, 01:57 AM
I am looking for today's Wei-Yin Chen pitched baseball at Minnesota Twins game.
Could anyone tell me how to get it?
Thanks a lot!
Li
aceli777@yahoo.co.jp

momen55
07-20-2012, 04:10 AM
i wasn't paying attention, but is the auction over? or was everything taken down for being overpriced?