PDA

View Full Version : News From Eric- Please Read

Eric
10-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey everyone.

For almost 2 years the Game Used Forum has brought collectors, dealers and authenticators together to discuss the hobby we love. The forum has empowered collectors to have their voices heard, and helped people make more informed purchases. It has been my pleasure to moderate the discussions. It has helped me learn an incredible amount, and introduced me to some great people, who I can call friends.

It is with regret that I announce that Thursday October 19th will be my last day as moderator. This job takes a tremendous amount of time. As the forum has expanded, so have the time commitments. Because of family and work obligations, I no longer can provide the proper energy to do the forum justice.

I would like to thank all the people at Game Used Universe for support in helping make the forum what it is today. In fact, I will be turning the reigns over to Chris Cavalier, whom I fully trust will bring the forum to the next level. His announcement of my replacement will follow. A big thank you goes to Chris and GUU for their dedication to the hobby.

I知 not leaving the forum, I値l be staying on as a Game Used Universe advisor, and will still be an active participant in the daily postings, just not in a 24/7 capacity.

I am very proud of the work everyone here has done and will continue to do. I thank everyone for your participation, information, and enthusiasm toward the goal of making the hobby better.

Now it痴 my turn to enjoy the hobby from the other side. I値l see you on the forum.

Again, thanks for everything.

Eric
ecky3@aol.com

RobSteinmetz
10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Eric,

Thanks for making this vision a reality. The type of research discussed here on a daily basis simply did not exist among collectors prior to the birth of this forum. I know you are modest, but your efforts have truly revolutionized the hobby. We all appreciate your efforts, and personally speaking, I am grateful for your friendship. We all thank you for your time, patience, and commitment to this site.

Rob

allstarsplus
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Eric - You have created a very unique community here which has been educational and fun to be a part of.

I personally thank you for the knowledge I have gained from the Forum and also for the new friends I have found on here.

I know I have said this to you before, if I can ever help you with any items personally---please call.

Thanks. Andrew
www.AllstarsPlus.com (http://www.AllstarsPlus.com)

suave1477
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Eric you will be misssed!!!

Especially all the moments you kept me in line lol lol.

You have brought good energy and patience to the hobby!!

Godd Luck!!!

sportscentury
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Eric,

Tremendous thanks. Your contribution is unprecedented. Chris is up to the task, I am sure, and I thank you both for your tireless efforts and substantial successes.

Reid

eGameUsed
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks Eric! I don't know how you have done it for so long. This forum has helped a lot of people, including myself, learn so many different aspects of the hobby. Everyone in the hobby knows about this site, whether they contribute or not, and it has made an impact. We all owe you! Thanks again!

nate
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the great work you have done. You may have had the most challenging job of them all! Best wishes and Good luck with any future endeavors.

Many Thanks,

Nate

both-teams-played-hard
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Eric
If you hadn't created this forum, by now I would have completed all the missions on "Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas".
But seriously, a sincere "thanks" for your hard work!

Grove Street 4 Life!
Warren

geoff
10-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Yes also Eric i say thanks for starting this whole thing up.As i have learned alot over the past year about Game used Items and have bought a few from Forum members as well.Thanks Geoff

earlywynnfan
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Eric, thanks for all!

Ken

Eric
10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind posts and emails. You're a great bunch of people.
Eric

ChrisCavalier
10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
For almost 2 years the Game Used Forum has brought collectors, dealers and authenticators together to discuss the hobby we love. The forum has empowered collectors to have their voices heard, and helped people make more informed purchases. It has been my pleasure to moderate the discussions. It has helped me learn an incredible amount, and introduced me to some great people, who I can call friends.

It is with regret that I announce that Thursday October 19th will be my last day as moderator. This job takes a tremendous amount of time. As the forum has expanded, so have the time commitments. Because of family and work obligations, I no longer can provide the proper energy to do the forum justice.

I would like to thank all the people at Game Used Universe for support in helping make the forum what it is today. In fact, I will be turning the reigns over to Chris Cavalier, whom I fully trust will bring the forum to the next level. His announcement of my replacement will follow. A big thank you goes to Chris and GUU for their dedication to the hobby.

I知 not leaving the forum, I値l be staying on as a Game Used Universe advisor, and will still be an active participant in the daily postings, just not in a 24/7 capacity.
Hello Everyone,

As per Eric's post above, I wanted to take a moment to explain how the moderating will be handled going forward. However, before I do, I wanted to mentioned that I don't think the word "replacement" for Eric is appropriate as I believe Eric is truly irreplaceable. As I stated in the SCD article that covered the original alliance between GUU and GUF, I believe Eric has been a pioneer in the game used segment and his efforts have benefited collectors in more ways than can be imagined. We are thankful that Eric will continue to serve as an advisor to GUU despite his other commitments. In addition, GUU will be adding language to the forum page to remind everyone that the forum was originally created by Eric in an effort to help bring collectors together to help each other.

With that said, I wanted to let everyone know that, given the growth of the forum, GUU will actually be using five moderators in the future to ensure the site functions smoothly without too much burden on any one person. We wanted to let you know this so you wouldn't be confused by the multiple use of the title "Moderator" or "Administrator" on the forum. The five moderators, are as follows:

1) Jim Caravello (login "Jim Caravello")
2) Mike Specht (login "MSpecht")
3) Rob Steinmetz (login "RobSteinmetz")
4) Chris Cavalier (login "ChrisCavalier")
5) Ting Cavalier (login "Ting")

Please note that while the individuals filling the moderator role are changing, the role of the moderators will remain the same. That is, the moderators purpose will be to make sure the site runs smoothly and in accordance with the following forum rules:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. As you can see from our use of multiple moderators, this forum has grown tremendously and we expect it to continue to grow as the leading site for collectors to come and network with each other.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

gameused
10-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Eric,

Thanks for committing all the time and effort to make this forum what it is today. I still don't know how you did it, but somehow you did, reading thru all these posts on a daily basis is an amazing feat.

As the moderator you were always fair and treated everyone with respect. I agree with Chris that you are truly irreplaceable and I'm glad that you will still be with the forum as an advisor. I wish you and your family the best in the future.

Thanks, Bobby