PDA

View Full Version : Padres/Dbacks/Giants and AZL

jbean023
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi,

Going to a few triple A games for the Padres,dbacks, and giants. Im going to try to get a few bats and batting gloves. Could you throw out a few top prospets names for those teams and some in the azl right now.

Thanks

ChicagoCubsWS
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Give me the rosters and I will help.

godwulf
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
The Diamondbacks' Triple-A franchise, the Reno Aces: Charles Brewer, Tyler Skaggs, Ryan Wheeler, A.J. Pollock. The AZL team: Stryker Trahan.

Good luck. If you pick up anything you decide not to keep, my email address is below. ;)

jbean023
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you very much for the input I wrote those names down.anyone else?

ChicagoCubsWS
07-04-2012, 02:33 PM
If you wouldn't be so lazy and can give links for the 4 teams you list, I would be more than happy to give you a big list.

jbean023
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
No offense Grant but you didn't even know what the AZL was, im looking for input from fans of those teams that follow them closely all year round.

EurekaDave
07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, what's with the rudeness? Jacob takes a hit for asking a simple question?

ChicagoCubsWS
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
My name is Adam...

And I follow all prospect stuff all year round. I go to Arizona Fall League every year which is known as AZL or AZFL.

I know theres also extended spring training which is Rookie ball pretty much which has like you said, Soler, Vogelbach, etc.

If you wanted the top prospects for those teams, all you had to do was post the links and I would have helped.

Instead I am ignored.

jbean023
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
My fault Adam thought you were another Cubs fan and actually you are mistaken AZL is Arizona League that plays 56 games a year with 12 teams. Also, if I had time to go to each website and post them on here I could search them myself. I use my phone as the internet right now and live in the country so I don't get the best service.

ChicagoCubsWS
07-05-2012, 12:52 AM
My fault Adam thought you were another Cubs fan and actually you are mistaken AZL is Arizona League that plays 56 games a year with 12 teams. Also, if I had time to go to each website and post them on here I could search them myself. I use my phone as the internet right now and live in the country so I don't get the best service.

So its extended spring training like the NY Penn League.

godwulf
07-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Occasionally a player from either the minors or even the Major League team may play in the AZL on a rehab basis, but mostly (at least in the two years that I've been going to the games) the teams seem to be composed of guys who weren't even non-roster ST invitees. They seem to be mostly guys who have just been signed, including a lot of Dominican pitchers. It's not like the Fall League, where five of the seven players have to have been on a Double- or Triple-A roster by some date in August.

jbean023
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm going to try to catch a royals azl game as well, they drafted a kid in the 5th round my brother plays baseball with. I'm going to see if he has any nameplate bats. I was hoping to see the Cubs 1st rounder but that probably won't happen.

godwulf
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I've been going to every DBacks AZL game I can get away for, hoping to snag, well, any bat, really, but in particular either Stryker Trahan or Jake Williams.

I think part of the confusion, evident earlier in the thread, is that, at the same time that the AZL games are being played at smaller fields, close to but separate from the main ST facilities, what some folks call "extended spring training" is going on at the main ST stadiums. I've not been to any of those sessions, and suspect that they might not even be open to the public, but I don't believe they include competitive games - mostly just individual workouts, for players coming back from injuries.