PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's Game Used Stand

dnrapp
07-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I went to the A's/Red Sox tonight(monday) and they were advertising a new game used equiptment stand. It is in the West Side Club(bar) behind home plate on the second level. It is just an area against the back wall. It consisted of 3 stand up cabinets and 2 flat cabinets. they did not have a lot of stuff. Most of it was Opening series in Japan stuff, A's stars jerseys some balls and bases, and Opening Day in Oakland stuff. Here is a cell phone pic of the area. I did purchase a games used MLB auth ball pitched by Darvish to Cespedes

AthleticsFan
07-03-2012, 12:57 AM
It's about time the A's did something like this. I'll have to go check it out.

OaklandAsFan
07-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Flying up for the next two games so I'll stop by tomorrow and see it.

moo5100@yahoo.com
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I went to the game yesterday and saw this. That ball was definately the best value in my opinion. Congrats! That Cespedes jersey was awesome. Possibly the first one he wore in the MLB. Wish I had $1500 extra for it....

HawaiiSportsNut
07-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Is there any way to contact them? I want to know if they had any Kurt Suzuki memorabilia.

dnrapp
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
last night was the first night that had it. I did not see any Suzuki things except for the line up cards. they said they will be adding more things as they get them. they said there are plans to have same day game used baseballs offered for sale.

bottomofthe9thonline
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Would anyone be willing to help me out with an item? I am looking to find a game used baseball from the A's / Yankees 5/27/2012 game. Please let me know, thanks.

moo5100@yahoo.com
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I believe they did actually have a ball from that game. It was a foul tip by A-rod for $150. I'm not going so I cant help you but pretty sure it was that game

bottomofthe9thonline
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks, I would be very interested in it if anyone going to the stadium would be willing to help me out, the date is very important to me. If anyone has a contact number that would be great, I tried calling the stadium but the person I talked to seemed clueless. Thanks again.

dnrapp
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
It was a pitched ball by Colon to A Rod. You would have to check the date to see if it the game you want. If I get back from vacation on time I will be going to Sundays game. Don't know if it will still be there by then. you could try calling the team store, the number should be on the web site somewhere. Or call the A's office, not the stadium, and ask for someone with the community fund, since the proceeds from the game used stuff is going to it. The community fund might have a number on the website or at least an email address.

bottomofthe9thonline
07-03-2012, 06:42 PM
It was a pitched ball by Colon to A Rod. You would have to check the date to see if it the game you want. If I get back from vacation on time I will be going to Sundays game. Don't know if it will still be there by then. you could try calling the team store, the number should be on the web site somewhere. Or call the A's office, not the stadium, and ask for someone with the community fund, since the proceeds from the game used stuff is going to it. The community fund might have a number on the website or at least an email address.

Thanks the the info. I have actually tried 3 different numbers, keep getting sent to voicemail...

moo5100@yahoo.com
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
If it was pitched by Colon, I was mistaken. I thought it was Milone and he pitched on your date, i checked. I must've gotten some balls mixed up

AthleticsFan
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Is there any way to contact them? I want to know if they had any Kurt Suzuki memorabilia.

So far this year, the Oakland A's Community Fund has already auctioned off the following Suzuki game used items:

Alt Yellow Jersey
Home White Jersey
Road Grey Jersey
Road Batting Helmet
At least one set of catcher's gear (more like 2 and possibly 3)
A few bats

I'm sure there have probably been other items too.

schubert1970
07-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Anyone know if they will be selling any HR balls?

dnrapp
07-04-2012, 01:26 AM
If it was pitched by Colon, I was mistaken. I thought it was Milone and he pitched on your date, i checked. I must've gotten some balls mixed up

After thinking about it you may be right. There was an A rod ball, and balls pitched by both Colon and Milone. I know there was a ball pitched by Ross to Pujols. Once I saw the Darvish/Cespedes ball I did not dwell on the others that much.

HawaiiSportsNut
07-04-2012, 04:49 AM
So far this year, the Oakland A's Community Fund has already auctioned off the following Suzuki game used items:

Alt Yellow Jersey
Home White Jersey
Road Grey Jersey
Road Batting Helmet
At least one set of catcher's gear (more like 2 and possibly 3)
A few bats

I'm sure there have probably been other items too.

Do you know how I can get in touch with them? Thanks...

guppies@guppies4me.com

MLB~NUT
07-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey dnrapp was the Cespedes gamer used in the Japn series or back home in Oakland? Thanks...

OaklandAsFan
07-04-2012, 09:59 PM
It was used in Japan and authenticated to the 29th which means it was the uniform he was wearing when he hit his first MLB home run and I bought it this morning so it's not available anymore. :)

MLB~NUT
07-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Awesome pick up Oakland A's fan I would love to see some pics of that sweet jersey....;)

AthleticsFan
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Do you know how I can get in touch with them? Thanks...

guppies@guppies4me.com

You could try contacting their marketing or merchandising departments. Based on past experience, you probably won't have any luck.

With regard to the Community Fund Auction they literally don't know what they're going to get until they get it from the clubhouse on the day of the auction.

BernBabyBern
07-07-2012, 04:49 PM
OaklandAsFan,
Can you send me an e-mail? I have a quick question on that Cespedes jersey.
Thanks,
Pablo
mikeapno1@yahoo.com

dnrapp
07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
It was used in Japan and authenticated to the 29th which means it was the uniform he was wearing when he hit his first MLB home run and I bought it this morning so it's not available anymore. :)

that was a cool jersey. A little bit out of my price range though.

AthleticsFan
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
that was a cool jersey. A little bit out of my price range though.

They do have Josh Reddick's 2012 Japan Series jersey available for sale. It is a bit cheaper than Cespedes' jersey and it is completely covered in dirt.

spartakid
07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
So do you guys think that this will signal the end of the fanfest memorabilia sale?

OaklandAsFan
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
doubt it,

The Dbacks have had a memorabilia store in one form or other for years yet every year they have a "garage sale" during their preseason fanfest. This year I picked up bats they were trying to sell for over $200 for $45.

It will just be the stuff that doesn't sell throughout the season most likely so the good stuff will not be out there for the fanfest.

AthleticsFan
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
So do you guys think that this will signal the end of the fanfest memorabilia sale?

No, but you probably won't be able to find the bigger names or more popular players at Fan Fest anymore.

From what I've been told, an outside company is running the game used store and a portion of the profits (~5-10%) is going to the A's Community Fund. I was surprised that the Community Fund wasn't running the store itself.

spartakid
07-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Makes sense, at recent fanfests I think many of the bigger names have been sold elsewhere via auctions and stuff anyways i.e. Matsui, Suzuki, or even Weeks.

Insomniac186
07-10-2012, 01:24 AM
If anyone sees or can get a hold of the Oaks on-field caps they wore the other day PLEASE let me know! I was at the game and want something game used to remember it by!

HawaiiSportsNut
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
If any one can help me with Kurt Suzuki memorabilia, could you please email me. Thanks..... Rick

guppies@guppies4me.com

AthleticsFan
07-10-2012, 01:50 PM
If any one can help me with Kurt Suzuki memorabilia, could you please email me. Thanks..... Rick

guppies@guppies4me.com

Rick - Shoot me a PM if you're interested in Suzuki memorabilia.

dnrapp
07-10-2012, 05:27 PM
They do have Josh Reddick's 2012 Japan Series jersey available for sale. It is a bit cheaper than Cespedes' jersey and it is completely covered in dirt.

I saw that on Sunday. Just got back from my baseball roadtrip. So I have to pay down my CC before I buy a jersey $600 is right at the top of my price range for a new jersey.

OaklandAsFan
07-10-2012, 06:37 PM
They had Weeks (covered in dirt on the front) McCarthy and a few others from Japan, all for $600. Cespedes was the only one more than that.

AthleticsFan
07-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Actually, the Japan Series Reddick jersey was $1,000 when I saw it on Sat and Sun. The cheapest jerseys were $500. :eek:

OaklandAsFan
07-10-2012, 11:52 PM
they must have altered prices a bit. I'll be back up in August, we'll see how things are going at the stand then

HawaiiSportsNut
07-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Rick - Shoot me a PM if you're interested in Suzuki memorabilia.

Sent you a PM. You could also email me at guppies@guppies4me.com

Thanks

AthleticsFan
07-12-2012, 12:25 AM
they must have altered prices a bit. I'll be back up in August, we'll see how things are going at the stand then

They did have a Reddick JRD road jersey for $600, so that might have been the one you saw at that price.

I sure hope they lower the prices as there are no real good "deals" to be had.

AthleticsFan
08-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Starting on Monday, July 30th, the A's game used stand started taking orders for game used baseballs from that day's game. I believe orders had to be placed by the 3rd inning and the baseballs would be available for pick-up around the 7th inning.

Klattsy
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Starting on Monday, July 30th, the A's game used stand started taking orders for game used baseballs from that day's game. I believe orders had to be placed by the 3rd inning and the baseballs would be available for pick-up around the 7th inning.

Can you specify if you want a pitched ball from a certain pitcher? Or are they un-authenticated random ones?

AthleticsFan
08-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Can you specify if you want a pitched ball from a certain pitcher? Or are they un-authenticated random ones?

All of the game used baseballs they sell have the MLB authentication holograms on them. They will include a description of the last play the ball was used in including the pitcher, the batter and the outcome.

Are you looking fro Balfour and Blackley?

Klattsy
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
All of the game used baseballs they sell have the MLB authentication holograms on them. They will include a description of the last play the ball was used in including the pitcher, the batter and the outcome.

Are you looking fro Balfour and Blackley?

Correctamundo. Depending how expensive they are. If they are MLB Auctions type prices I will wait for secondary market.

Thanks,
Mark.

jetersbatboy
08-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Anyone know how to contact the game used stand?
Thanks!

OaklandAsFan
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Scott,

Ill be at the game on Sunday in Oakland. Anything in particular you looking for?

jetersbatboy
08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Scott,

Ill be at the game on Sunday in Oakland. Anything in particular you looking for?

I wanted to call and see of they had any Jeter hit baseball.

Thanks Scott

OaklandAsFan
09-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I asked on Sunday about a phone number and they told me no, items only for sale during game time on game days, thats it.

They have Kurt Suzuki's Oakland Oaks jersey for $600.

They are too high on most of their items at this point. If the guy behind the desk was authorized to wheel and deal I would have walked out of there with two jersey's but IMO $600 is too high for Brandon McCarthy's Japan series jersey.

AthleticsFan
09-07-2012, 01:04 AM
I asked on Sunday about a phone number and they told me no, items only for sale during game time on game days, thats it.

They are too high on most of their items at this point. If the guy behind the desk was authorized to wheel and deal I would have walked out of there with two jersey's but IMO $600 is too high for Brandon McCarthy's Japan series jersey.

Occasionally they will have something reasonably priced, but as you said, most of the prices are too high. I have mentioned to Joel (the guy behind the counter) a few times that the prices are way too high and he said that he has discussed lowering some of the prices with his boss. We'll see what happens.

jetersbatboy
09-08-2012, 02:20 AM

Thanks for checking on the contact info for me!

BernBabyBern
02-27-2014, 11:34 AM
OaklandAsFan,
can you please e-mail me when you get a chance? I have another question o that Cespedes jersey from the Japan series.
Thanks,
Pablo
mikeapno1@yahoo.com

BernBabyBern
12-28-2016, 10:19 AM
OaklandAsFan

Interested in that Cespedes jersey from Japan series.

Can you email me?

Thanks,
Pablo
mikeapno1@yahoo.com