PDA

View Full Version : Pro v. Minors v. College - which GU items are more valuable

marzomarz
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Curious what people think about GU items from different levels of play. Assume the same player. Seems like GU items from one's pro career have higher market prices but GU items from their college or minors career are arguably more rare. Would love to know what you think.

marzomarz
06-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I also included a poll with this thread.

joelsabi
06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Curious what people think about GU items from different levels of play. Assume the same player. Seems like GU items from one's pro career have higher market prices but GU items from their college or minors career are arguably more rare. Would love to know what you think.

i think it because of the greater demand of professional level as there are more collectors of professional level stuff. i learned this early on in the hobby that rarity is not the only factor while collecting baseball cards. i saw that minor league cards sets were much rarer for such players as cal ripken and roger clemens and the minor league dealers would point this out but the average collectors were almost alway more interested in the pro cards of these players than the minor league cards no matter how much rarer. i guess you can apply this same logic to GU.