PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint Pen for Dark Hats

nevrdiez34
06-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm going to an autograph signing this coming weekend and was curious if there was a consensus of the best paint pen to use for signing dark baseball caps. I was planning on using a silver deco fine point paint marker. Is this the best or are there others I should consider? Any information and / or opinions are much appreciated.

Skizzick
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I use Deco all the time. The type of tip is personal preference. I'd go wit broad tip because I like autographs big and bold. When signing on fabric, broad tip is usually better because it can skip with a fine point.

Preston
06-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Second that - Deco all the way

mlbforeverhomer
06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Metallic silver or gold Prisma Color hands down! From my experience (I have an extensive HOF baseball hat signed collection) Decos on hats tend to loose there metallic "sharpness" after a couple of years. I on the other hand... have hats that were signed with prisma colors over 10 years ago that look as if they were signed yesterday. This is just my experience... hope this helps!

nevrdiez34
06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you very much for your input fellas, I purchased the Prisma Color paint markers and am going to do some comparison with my Deco sliver paint markers prior to the signing. I really appreciate it.