PDA

View Full Version : Best way to track collection??

OleMiss
06-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Can anybody suggest a program or the best way inventory a collection. I saw a computer program on ebay, but wasn't sure if it was good. Any suggestions?? TIA

maverick14
06-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Microsoft Excel should work just fine.
You can catalog everything there neatly and hyperlink whatever you want to pictures of the item.

OaklandAsFan
06-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Mac or PC?

Once I finally get my stuff organized and not just sitting in stacks and piles across 3 rooms I'm gonna use Bento for the Mac, you don't have to hyperlink pi cs you can have the pic in the spreadsheet and also have it with you at all time with their app.

Mulligans
06-23-2012, 03:00 PM
I like to use my own website....that way I can easily inventory my Jerseys with photos of what I presently own. It also gives others a unique opportunity to view or do their own research on a jersey.

Shipp_96
06-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I like to use my own website....that way I can easily inventory my Jerseys with photos of what I presently own. It also gives others a unique opportunity to view or do their own research on a jersey.

I agree 100% with Mulligans. I also created my own website showcasing my game worn helmet collection and it's a great way to document your items and share it with others. I even include items I use to own and sold / traded on there (if I took photos of them before I got rid of them).

Plus, (especially on long days at work) it gives me a chance to look at my collection and helps get me thru the day!

adam-ky
06-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Could you post your websites so we could check it out!

Mulligans
06-30-2012, 05:16 PM
My Collection is:

www.GameUsedAuthentic.Com

I primarily collect Football Jerseys....

Shipp_96
07-01-2012, 07:45 PM
My Collection is:

www.GameUsedAuthentic.Com (http://www.GameUsedAuthentic.Com)

I primarily collect Football Jerseys....

You have always had such an impressive collection, Mulligans.

A side note: Did you ever sell those Marshawn Lynch BCA game worn cleats? I didn't see any cleats displayed on your site, which is why I was curious.

Shipp_96
07-01-2012, 07:47 PM
My game worn/used helmet collection, with my other game used items (cleats, jerseys, gloves and autographs) in there as well.

http://mygamewornhelmets.weebly.com/index.html

Mulligans
07-01-2012, 08:23 PM
You have always had such an impressive collection, Mulligans.

A side note: Did you ever sell those Marshawn Lynch BCA game worn cleats? I didn't see any cleats displayed on your site, which is why I was curious.

Yes....I sold my cleats to put the cash towards Jerseys.:)