PDA

View Full Version : Last touchdown jersey?

CHARGER
06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I have got a jersey signed and dated that turns out to be the last touchdown scored by this top 5 TD scorer of all time in the NFL. It has ROCK solid documentation and is photomatched. How much extra, if any, is that jersey worth compared to a normal used jersey by same player? Thanks;)

yanks12025
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
My guess is it's LT?

Mulligans
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I personally would be less willing to pay a premium for it.

I had a chance to buy his last NFL Jersey ever worn and I would say the last jersey is far less desirable to me than a powder Blue Chargers.:)

legaleagle92481
06-21-2012, 11:29 PM
The Jets jerseys are a dime a dozen. JO had four or five at one point. Mei Gray currently has one and the NFL auctioned at least two. He will forever be remembered as a Charger so to me the Jets stuff is less desirable even though it was worn for his last carry, yard, game, td, reception, etc. Plus your jersey is washed and does not show use from what I understand as JO offered me the same jersey last week.

CHARGER
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
No, its not LT. Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming.

legaleagle92481
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Then who is it? I highly doubt its Emmitt or Jerry Rice. Moss is still active. Owens is the only other one in the top 5 and he is still trying to comeback to the NFL.

legaleagle92481
06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Your username is Charger and its interesting that JO was selling LTs last jersey signed and inscribed last week.

Mattapan03
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Marion Butts?

CHARGER
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
The jersey is from the Top 2. Not LT because its photomatched and apparently the LTs from JO are washed so photomatching is tough on a clean jersey. Don't want to sell the jersey is way I am not reveiling the player. Just a simple question on the added value of it, if any.

legaleagle92481
06-22-2012, 12:40 PM
The jersey is from the Top 2. Not LT because its photomatched and apparently the LTs from JO are washed so photomatching is tough on a clean jersey. Don't want to sell the jersey is way I am not reveiling the player. Just a simple question on the added value of it, if any.

If your talking Emmitt or Jerry thats a whole new ballgame. Both are considered among the best players ever and retired before the current one jersey per game that ends up on the market fad. I would say a 20-25% premium at least.

Jags Fan Dan
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree, a jersey of either of those two that is 100% photo matched to their last TD is huge!

Mulligans
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Man.....I hate to be cynical but.....you ask for our feedback, but you won't share the player with us because you are afraid that we might buy it from you?..... When you are not looking?;)

We all share this type of information daily but aren't forced to sell to anyone? I have posted many Jerseys over the years and have never been pestered by anyone to sell. The value of our Jerseys are definitely driven by supply and without knowing whose Jersey you have we cannot help you out as well.

CHARGER
06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Man.....I hate to be cynical but.....you ask for our feedback, but you won't share the player with us because you are afraid that we might buy it from you?..... When you are not looking?;)

We all share this type of information daily but aren't forced to sell to anyone? I have posted many Jerseys over the years and have never been pestered by anyone to sell. The value of our Jerseys are definitely driven by supply and without knowing whose Jersey you have we cannot help you out as well.

I understand what you are saying, but I got some good feedback without mentioning the player......although its narrowed down by two. Some collectors, like me, don't like strangers knowing every piece that is in their collection. You just never know who is lurking on here:eek:

Mattapan03
06-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I got some good feedback without mentioning the player......although its narrowed down by two. Some collectors, like me, don't like strangers knowing every piece that is in their collection. You just never know who is lurking on here:eek:

Lurking on here? What possibly could happen?

CHARGER
06-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Lurking on here? What possibly could happen?
It's the internet buddy, anything can happen:D

Jags Fan Dan
06-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, I'm sure the criminals will be held at bay from breaking down your door and taking the jersey because they don't know which hall of famer it belonged to...I mean, imagine if they are a Redskins fan and they find a photo matched Emmitt Smith Cowboys jersey! Talk about a rough night!:D

CHARGER
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Well, I'm sure the criminals will be held at bay from breaking down your door and taking the jersey because they don't know which hall of famer it belonged to...I mean, imagine if they are a Redskins fan and they find a photo matched Emmitt Smith Cowboys jersey! Talk about a rough night!:D
Good thing I don't keep most of my collection at home;) I keep it at the local police station.:D

jppopma
06-23-2012, 10:38 PM
On the extra value, I have never seen much value for these so called milestones. Last TD does not mean near as much as the players final jersey. It also gets me when you see people celebrating odd numbers, just trying to hype one single game or event. I'd much rather have jerseys worn plenty of games with alot of "events" and more wear.

Charger...fyi, there have been people on here that have blown alot of smoke with jerseys they claim to drive. That might be where people get skeptical when you don't want to say what player it is.

Preston
06-24-2012, 12:32 AM
On the extra value, I have never seen much value for these so called milestones. Last TD does not mean near as much as the players final jersey. It also gets me when you see people celebrating odd numbers, just trying to hype one single game or event. I'd much rather have jerseys worn plenty of games with alot of "events" and more wear.

Charger...fyi, there have been people on here that have blown alot of smoke with jerseys they claim to drive. That might be where people get skeptical when you don't want to say what player it is.

I agree, unless you want to say whose jersey it is, I'd just assume close this thread because it's completely worthless as far as any sort of informative value.

cohibasmoker
06-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Good thing I don't keep most of my collection at home;) I keep it at the local police station.:D

Be careful that donut crumbs don't get on it. Just an opinion

Jim

CHARGER
06-24-2012, 10:38 AM

I am surprised you would rather a regular game jersey over a milestone game jersey. A milestone jersey is likely to have use on it as well. Are jerseys with 3 tears worth more than a jersey with 1 tear? Again, the players jersey I have was narrowed down to 2 players and I am sorry that I am over protective of my higher ticket items. If I wanted people to think I have a big milestone jersey that I didn't have, wouldn't I just name the player right away? I have been a member of this forum for six years. Look how many posts I have. Do you really think I made up a fake jersey story after six years on this forum without hardly any posts? :confused:

solarlottry
06-24-2012, 01:36 PM
My guess is that it is Rice's last 49er gamer. I am basing my educated guess on the fact that I have heard that the jersey is out there but as to who owns it, I have no idea. I guess it might be you-Charger?

With regard to Rice gamers and their value I have seen a huge variation in prices based on many things. Vintage Rice gamers (prior to 1990) are highly sought after due to their rarity as are 1994 gamers because of the SB season and the throwback style.

1995 gamers are less valuable because they were sold by MOS, as were 1992-93 shirts. None of these game used jerseys are cheap but some are less expensive than others due to the fact that more were sold. I have personally purchased a 1995 home Rice for around 2K and have seen another sell for 2750 (with a team letter), after failing to sell on eBay for 1750$!

The fact that it is his last jersey means less to me than the fact that it is a jersey from the 2000 season, which in itself is scarce. Authentic game worn Rice jerseys from 1996-2000, especially the 1999 and 2000 season are very tough to find.

After reviewing my archive of auction catalogs from the last decade, I have found only a couple of 1999 and 2000 Jerry Rice gamers that were sold. I have no idea as to why ALL 49er gamers from this time period are very tough to find but for a 49er collector like myself, either a 1999 or a 2000 season Rice would be highly desirable.

In fact a 1999 Steve Young, a 98, 99 or 2000 TO and a 1999 or 2000 Rice are all jerseys that I am quite interested in purchasing.

Addressing the unwillingness of "Charger" to post any information about the player/jersey in question-it is a free country etc. but by not posting what he has, it makes him seem somewhat disingenuous. As senior forum members we have seen this type of thread over and over and to me, it makes no sense.

I have a fairly large 49er collection and have always been willing to share what I have with almost anyone that emails me. The dissemination of knowledge is wht this forum is all about and I highly doubt that "Charger" increases his risk by posting what he has. In fact, by posting images of what he has, we can all evaluate the jersey and his claims. Who knows what comes of it? Another forum member may find something that could increase the value of the jersey etc.

Being so secretive is almost childish in a way. We have all heard the same lame excuses for not posting but wanting everyones opinion. I always put my "jersey where my mouth is", so to speak and if someone wants the kind of answers that "Charger " is seeking, so should he.

Always buying 49ers gamers and all 1994 49er GU items!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

ivo610
06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
This is the problem with this forum. When you have a poster who has been a member for 6 years but has never contributed anything to the forum (opinion, shown collection, advice, ect) comes on here and wants help but even then chooses to be difficult and vague. I dont know why anyone bothered responding to a thread like this. If you were a new member and were new to the hobby that would be different, you just lurk instead and want to take from the forum without ever giving back.

sox83cubs84
06-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Close this thread...it's a waste of time.

Dave Miedema

commando
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
You guys have had some great responses... especially the witty ones, LOL... but I'll be more direct.

This thread ****ing blows.

legaleagle92481
06-24-2012, 03:54 PM
My guess is that it is Rice's last 49er gamer. I am basing my educated guess on the fact that I have heard that the jersey is out there but as to who owns it, I have no idea. I guess it might be you-Charger?

With regard to Rice gamers and their value I have seen a huge variation in prices based on many things. Vintage Rice gamers (prior to 1990) are highly sought after due to their rarity as are 1994 gamers because of the SB season and the throwback style.

1995 gamers are less valuable because they were sold by MOS, as were 1992-93 shirts. None of these game used jerseys are cheap but some are less expensive than others due to the fact that more were sold. I have personally purchased a 1995 home Rice for around 2K and have seen another sell for 2750 (with a team letter), after failing to sell on eBay for 1750$!

The fact that it is his last jersey means less to me than the fact that it is a jersey from the 2000 season, which in itself is scarce. Authentic game worn Rice jerseys from 1996-2000, especially the 1999 and 2000 season are very tough to find.

After reviewing my archive of auction catalogs from the last decade, I have found only a couple of 1999 and 2000 Jerry Rice gamers that were sold. I have no idea as to why ALL 49er gamers from this time period are very tough to find but for a 49er collector like myself, either a 1999 or a 2000 season Rice would be highly desirable.

In fact a 1999 Steve Young, a 98, 99 or 2000 TO and a 1999 or 2000 Rice are all jerseys that I am quite interested in purchasing.

Addressing the unwillingness of "Charger" to post any information about the player/jersey in question-it is a free country etc. but by not posting what he has, it makes him seem somewhat disingenuous. As senior forum members we have seen this type of thread over and over and to me, it makes no sense.

I have a fairly large 49er collection and have always been willing to share what I have with almost anyone that emails me. The dissemination of knowledge is wht this forum is all about and I highly doubt that "Charger" increases his risk by posting what he has. In fact, by posting images of what he has, we can all evaluate the jersey and his claims. Who knows what comes of it? Another forum member may find something that could increase the value of the jersey etc.

Being so secretive is almost childish in a way. We have all heard the same lame excuses for not posting but wanting everyones opinion. I always put my "jersey where my mouth is", so to speak and if someone wants the kind of answers that "Charger " is seeking, so should he.

Always buying 49ers gamers and all 1994 49er GU items!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Paul,

Reread his post. He claims to have the last "td" jersey the player scored. as you know Rice scored several touchdowns after leaving the Niners so I don't think that is what he is talking about. Based on his vague post it would be a Seahawk Rice or Cardinal Emmitt. However, my personal guess is that he is just blowing smoke and has the LT jersey that JO was selling last week and posted this thread hoping to find someone willing to pay him a premium for the jersey so he could flip it for a quick profit and when nobody bit and everyone that responded opined that it was not worth a premium he decided to cover himself with this story.

solarlottry
06-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Legal-I realize that he did state that it was the jersey worn for the players last TD in the NFL. I figured that my post might have gotten a response from the original poster, which may have clarified what he has or does not have.

Either way I think you are correct as is IVO in that the entire thread is fairly useless and that it is a prime example of someone who lurks, does not contribute but wants advice without offering even an honest assessment of what he has.

I don't think that someone who just enjoys the forum without contributing is a bad thing in itself but someone who starts a thread with half a story and no proof of what he claims he has, really detracts rather than adds to GUU. It is only made worse if the soe reason for the thread itself is too maximize the posters profits.

Paul

yanks12025
06-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Also you're worried about posting about the player and that you own it because someone may see it and rob you or something. I'm pretty sure several members here have posted items worth alot more than this jersey and none of them has gotten robbed because of posting pics.

CHARGER
06-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow, I now see why so many have left this forum. Add me to the list. For most of you on here, thanks for all the information and pics you have shared over the years. I just chose to be a spectator, and apparently there is no room for spectators here. Take care everyone.

CollectGU
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Bye bye...good luck with that super secret player "x" jersey.....

frankneck
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy204/Forager/wellbye.gif

solarlottry
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Charger-if you read most of the posts no one is against people who just browse the sight but are skeptical of members who say they have "this and that" but are never willing to share because of a number of absolutely ridiculous reasons.

You asked for advice to place value on something, not because it is important to your collection and then become cagey when we ask what it is that you actually have!

To use the excuse that you don't want anyone to either steal your precious jersey or hound you to sell it, is just plain idiotic. No one has any clue who you are or where you live or even has your email! If your PM is off, other members cannot even contact you, so do you propose someone is going to steal your jersey?

Members come and go for a variety of reasons which is just then way life is. One would hope that the reasonable ones stick around for a while!

Paul

Jags Fan Dan
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Charger-if you read most of the posts no one is against people who just browse the sight but are skeptical of members who say they have "this and that" but are never willing to share because of a number of absolutely ridiculous reasons.

You asked for advice to place value on something, not because it is important to your collection and then become cagey when we ask what it is that you actually have!

To use the excuse that you don't want anyone to either steal your precious jersey or hound you to sell it, is just plain idiotic. No one has any clue who you are or where you live or even has your email! If your PM is off, other members cannot even contact you, so do you propose someone is going to steal your jersey?

Members come and go for a variety of reasons which is just then way life is. One would hope that the reasonable ones stick around for a while!

Paul
Paul hit it on the head. If you go back and re-read this thing, it is as squirrely as a nut farm. In my opinion, the least you could do if you want what I would consider to be expert advice on the value of something, especially something as significant as a photo matched jersey of a hall of famer, is show a photo of the item. We would have all loved to see the jersey (note that I am still giving benefit of the doubt that it really exists), rather than have you take your toy cars and go home. It's one thing to browse, it is another to leach information without ever attempting to contribute anything at all. No one was going to jump through your monitor and try to steal or make you sell the item. That is just BS.