PDA

View Full Version : Pink LVS Bat Question???

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 01:55 AM
I was wondering why my 2012 Matt Holliday Game Used MD bat from this year doesn't have the MLB Logoman, and the Words Authentic on the back of the Barrel as others bats do that I've seen posted on here! Was it a Mistake and it didn't get stamped? Or was the back of the barrell supposed to be blank on this model??? Thanks for any help! :confused: :confused: :confused:

5toolplayer
06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/pink4MG_9472.jpg

OaklandAsFan
06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
if I had to take a guess I would say its similar to the 125th Anniv logos. Up to the player if they want it on there on not.

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
if I had to take a guess I would say its similar to the 125th Anniv logos. Up to the player if they want it on there on not.

Hmmm... shoot me a email A'sFan

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 02:14 AM
BMH, any opinions???:confused:

Dewey2007
06-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Holliday doesn't have a contract with LVS so maybe that's the reason? Maybe only the bats for contracted players get the Authentic stamp.

I was wondering why my 2012 Matt Holliday Game Used MD bat from this year doesn't have the MLB Logoman, and the Words Authentic on the back of the Barrel as others bats do that I've seen posted on here! Was it a Mistake and it didn't get stamped? Or was the back of the barrell supposed to be blank on this model??? Thanks for any help! :confused: :confused: :confused:

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Good point Dewey...

tigerdale
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Not sure if this info helps or not, but collecting Ivan Rodriguez bats over the years, he requested to Louisville to leave the logos off the back of all his bats, this was confirmed by Brian (BMH).

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Not sure if this info helps or not, but collecting Ivan Rodriguez bats over the years, he requested to Louisville to leave the logos off the back of all his bats, this was confirmed by Brian (BMH).

Very interesting I wonder if the players think it will aid in cracking the bat sooner with the additional logos???

OaklandAsFan
06-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Holliday doesn't have a contract with LVS so maybe that's the reason? Maybe only the bats for contracted players get the Authentic stamp.

Bryce Harper doesn't have a contract and the few bats that he had made had the Authentic stamped on the back of them so I don't think thats it.

Dewey2007
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Well there you go. My theory shot to hell!!

Bryce Harper doesn't have a contract and the few bats that he had made had the Authentic stamped on the back of them so I don't think thats it.

MLB~NUT
06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Laugh out loud...

BMH
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while but it's been a mess around here. My oldest brother (factory scheduler) decided after 20yrs he had enough and parted ways with the company. So I am now trying to do a schedule for the factory and run the factory floor...good times. Anyway, my replacement in Pro bat was trying to be proactive this year and had second shift do the pink bats while 1st concentrated on regular orders. Well, imagine the "A" team line up vs. the "D" team line up. It was a mess. My 2nd shift turner thought the "A125" stood for Ash...so every order that was suppose to be Amish Maple was first made in Ash. Of course the second shift guys couldn't tell you who half of these guys are so they didn't know the difference either. Take for example Nick Swisher, his 1st batch of bats were Ash with his signature instead of Maple with block lettering. Some bats had the back logo and others did not, hell a few had the unapproved "Authentic Collections" on the MLB logo. We reran orders, UPS "lost" orders or the stadium couldn't find them. I bet we reran these damn things three times. I swear this happens every year with these things.

So to answer the question, yes it left the factory that way...I am not 100% sure if it was supposed to have left like that :o

TFig27
06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
So this bat was an error bat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Gamers/33_MD.jpg

MLB~NUT
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Lol Brian, sounds like fun at the Factory! Thanks for the response, I was just curious as to why the logo wasn't there!:D

MLB~NUT
06-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Damn you guys with those two-tone bats, those are sweet looking!!!:cool: