PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have Tampa Bay Rays memorabilia connections

skinsfan0521
06-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I haven't been on the forum much in the past couple years, but recently (around May 19th) the Rays traded for and called up Rich Thompson. He is a OF that has been in the minors for many years. He was with the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs for a long time up until the trade.

Anyway, I'd like to get something game used of Rich Thompson's from his time in the MLB, but he only played in 8 games between May 19thish to June 4th.

Any chance anybody on here has any connections on getting something of his? I'm obviously not looking to pay an arm and a leg for a career minor leaguer, but I'm very interested to know if anybody has any Rays connections.

Thanks!

-Brian

cubbs1232
06-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey Brian,

Rich kept most of his items from his time here in Tampa. Everything from his jerseys to the lineup cards from the games he started.

However, anything he didn't take will come up for sale at some point but it wont be cheap. The Rays listen to mlb as far as their pricing goes so the cheapest jersey they sell right now is $400.00(mostly coaches and bullpen guys) and the bats are all $200.

Any other questions feel free to ask,
Korey

skinsfan0521
06-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Wow... those are some crazy prices! I really appreciate the information though. Where do they sell their stuff?

Sorry for the simple questions, but I never buy MLB stuff, so I really have no idea what I'm doing here. haha

Thanks!

dplettn
06-17-2012, 11:58 PM
They are fantastic:

dbrooks@raysbaseball.com

ferrisfain41
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Brian,

The Rays stuff that MLB suggested the prices of sit in the store all by themselves, not a customer in site for those silly prices of players worth under $50.
Too bad, lower the price, more Rays fans can wear the REAL gear-- they need more fans

onlyalbert
07-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Brian,

The Rays stuff that MLB suggested the prices of sit in the store all by themselves, not a customer in site for those silly prices of players worth under $50.
Too bad, lower the price, more Rays fans can wear the REAL gear-- they need more fans

I second this motion. The Cardinals Authentics store has the same stuff in it from 09 and up every time I go in there. It is all common players and coaches but the prices are so high it just sits year after year taking up space. Crazy!

marino13
07-13-2012, 10:54 PM
The asking price from the RAYS are out of this world.

No one in their right mind would pay what they are asking for their game used stuff.

Their asking price is like they won the last 6 world series title or something.