PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

marino13
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
... Your thought on the following questions.

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?

It is a pretty significant milestone in my opinion. And not too many current players would have a chance to break it any time soon.

2. What is the price/worth, would you put on this baseball - special marked or not?

If it is special marked and be authenticated as such, I would say about $10K - $15k. It might go for more if the public has a chance to bid on it.

If it is not, most likely - the team security or Alex security would ask to trade for it. Alex is a known collector for his significant milestone baseballs. I was at the stadium when Alex people were asking to retrieve back the 590-599 HR baseball.

3. If you caught it, what would you do?

I would give it back to Alex for a couple game used bats, jersey and (especially) fielding glove - always want one of those. :D

and if I dont get what I want, there is always an auction house willing to help me getting what I want, right?

marino13
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/yankees-fan-randy-kearns-returns-a-rods-record-tying-grand-slam-ball/

schubert1970
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/yankees-fan-randy-kearns-returns-a-rods-record-tying-grand-slam-ball/

Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

marino13
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

Maybe he should have wait to send in his testing results on Monday - just like Ryan Braun.

:D

I wonder, who do you collect? And how do you positively sure that they didnt use ANY type of enhancement?

Or is it that they didnt get caught doing it?

Just wondering!

NO one is clean in my book. They all have something to hide. We all choose to collect and "overlooked".

joelsabi
06-14-2012, 02:06 AM

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?

An interesting thought. Marked balls would only come into play when Alex Rodriguez is at bat when the bases are loaded. It's doable. Most of the time marked baseballs are for any at bat for a player without a set on base scenario so it's a matter of MLB having some foresight and wanting to document and verify the baseball. Very doable but will MLB implement a specially marked ball for such an possible record event.

Should the value of the baseball be any different? I think it matters whether its a clean catch or if a diving into the crowd of fan for a loose baseball. There are so many fans as witnesses so there is a good possibility that the baseball can be recovered honestly. Also it could go into a non fan area which would be less questionable.

3arod13
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
I sure would love to own his 24th Career Grand Slam bat! :D

schubert1970
06-14-2012, 08:12 AM

Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

yanks12025
06-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

Aren't you a rose fan, and he never cheated or gambled on the game. Enough said

marino13
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM

If I caught the "special marked" baseball - the actual bat that hit the 24th Career GS wont be the only item I will be asking! :D

The jersey off his back along with the batting glove from the at bat - SIGNED and INSCRIBED as such. :D

The baseball itself would be more valuable to Alex and I dont think what I am asking for in return is not do-able.

3arod13
06-14-2012, 08:43 AM

Why is it that you feel the need to post comments like this? If you don't like a player, that's fine. But when people make a post like Joel did, it doesn't call for you or anyone else to jump in with comments like this about the player. This is one of the main reasons I don't post often.

schubert1970
06-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Aren't you a rose fan, and he never cheated or gambled on the game. Enough said

Rose being compared to A-Roids for cheating. Talk about a stretch.

schubert1970
06-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Why is it that you feel the need to post comments like this? If you don't like a player, that's fine. But when people make a post like Joel did, it doesn't call for you or anyone else to jump in with comments like this about the player. This is one of the main reasons I don't post often.

My comment was sarcastic based upon how a-roids over charges everyone for everything. Lighten up.

marino13
06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Alex would have over-charged if you were paying. But since you are NOT paying, then how is he over-charged?

I would personally would not spend a dime (that is 10 pennies) not a slang term for $10 on any of ROSE stuff. He is an ass in my book and always will be.

He oversigned a couple items from collectors in the past. I was on line to wait for my turn and as soon as I saw that, I just got off the line and demand my money back for the autograph tickets!

And if I get any of his stuff, I will personally DESTROYED them and put it on YOUTUBE for someone like you to cry over. :D

schubert1970
06-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Alex would have over-charged if you were paying. But since you are NOT paying, then how is he over-charged?

I would personally would not spend a dime (that is 10 pennies) not a slang term for $10 on any of ROSE stuff. He is an ass in my book and always will be.

He oversigned a couple items from collectors in the past. I was on line to wait for my turn and as soon as I saw that, I just got off the line and demand my money back for the autograph tickets!

And if I get any of his stuff, I will personally DESTROYED them and put it on YOUTUBE for someone like you to cry over. :D

Don't know if you can pay for his stuff using your food stamps, but hey good luck :D

3arod13
06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Why ruin a good post like this with your trash talking? I wish the moderators would suspend people or kick them out for this type of stuff. Or maybe create at new area called “Trash Talking” so we can keep this type of mess out of all serious and good posts.

marino13
06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't know if you can pay for his stuff using your food stamps, but hey good luck :D

Ha ha.

Food stamps?

Look like your hero need more food stamps if you dont support him and his "I am sorry, I gamble on baseball".

It cant not get any lower for someone to PAY and get that sign.

MarkakisMania
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Ha ha.

Food stamps?

Look like your hero need more food stamps if you dont support him and his "I am sorry, I gamble on baseball".

Think again

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-8511-pete-rose-i-wish-i-shot-bin-laden-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb5.aspx

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-7903-pete-rose-titanic-hit-lincoln-shot-im-born-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb4.aspx

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-7833-pete-rose-im-sorry-i-broke-up-the-beatles-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb1.aspx

marino13
06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Think again

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-8511-pete-rose-i-wish-i-shot-bin-laden-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb5.aspx

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-7903-pete-rose-titanic-hit-lincoln-shot-im-born-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb4.aspx

http://www.mab-celebrity.com/p-7833-pete-rose-im-sorry-i-broke-up-the-beatles-autographed-mlb-ball-mab-prosmlb1.aspx

:D :D :D

My points proven.

He became a joke of all joke. Really dude? You are a HIT king on the diamond and you have my respect as such. Now you are just a jackass for signing stuff like this.

what next?

"Pete Rose, I was abducted by Aliens and they love me"

or how about "Pete Rose, I know who shot Kenedy."

or how about "Pete Rose, Jose Canseso is my love child"

Unless you are about to be on food stamps for you to agree to sign stupid stuff.

schubert1970
06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Ha ha.

Food stamps?

Look like you need english book.

marino13
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Look like you need english book.

I might need it - but at least I can afford it, along with the over-price Alex stuff.

I cant say the same thing about idiots who support "I am sorry I bet on baseball" and other BS.

If that is how a "all time hit leader" and "a guarantee HOF" before he get caught and banned for life, then I guess you will need more than food stamps to support his cause.

so, it is all good to me.

suave1477
06-14-2012, 03:26 PM

If it is not, most likely - the team security or Alex security would ask to trade for it. Alex is a known collector for his significant milestone baseballs. I was at the stadium when Alex people were asking to retrieve back the 590-599 HR baseball.

and if I dont get what I want, there is always an auction house willing to help me getting what I want, right?

I dont know who this is known too. I own one of his top milestone items and he had no problem getting rid of it for $$ of course

marino13
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont know who this is known too. I own one of his top milestone items and he had no problem getting rid of it for $$ of course

If you have provenance on the item, his security/entourage people will talk to you. I have seen them used "It is worthless when it leaves the stadium. Why take that chance when you can trade it in for something worth while".

As for this record-breaker baseball, I think he will up the ante for it.

Hey, if he offered "Cameron Diaz" in the package for the 600th HR baseball, then I dont think "A package of game used items along with dinner and game day suite with his currently fling - Torri Wilson, would be out of the question.

Maybe I will ask for Ring side seats for Wrestlemania tickets for next year - Ms. Wilson should have the hookup for that event. :D

3arod13
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Here's #2...where's #1?

3arod13
06-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Here's #3

3arod13
06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Where is #1?

marino13
06-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Here's #2...where's #1?

Now that is a pretty penny.

Unless the baseball came from Alex personal collection, I would not bid so high on it. Anything pre-MLB authentication, it is difficult to invest heavily.

Personally, I have about a dozen or so of those special marked baseball from his 600th HR chase. They were all signed by Alex and authenticated.

It was even cooler when he recognized the "special marked" baseball and ask "did you spend a lot on these?" and my reply "Not as much since it was not signed yet." :D His KLF people werent too happy when he signed them, though.

I wished I could have convinced MLB authenticator there to update the infos with the existing MLB hologram - but he was too busy to write them down.