PDA

View Full Version : Starlin Castro GU Minor League Jersey

nevrdiez34
06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I saw this jersey for sale on eBay last night. I emailed the seller regarding if there is a LOA from the Tennessee Smokies stating the jersey was Castro's. Here's the response I received:

"The auction doesn't claim it to be worn by Castro, it was the jersey they replaced the one he wore in 2010 because it was cut into several swatch pieces and inserted in baseball cards. This is the only other jersey exactly like the one he wore during the 09 and 10 seasons. Smokies used these jerseys from 09-11. Kevin Rhoderick wore this particular jersey in 11."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320924768083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

After reading his response and re-reading the auction, I agree, he never stated the jersey was worn by Starlin, but the description and headline certainly seem to give off the idea that it is especially with the signature and the price he's looking to get for it. I figured I'd post this thread so hopefully no one purchases the jersey thinking it was Castros.

Klattsy
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
When did MiLB jersey's get used in baseball cards? I've been out of the scene for a while but my ebay searches bring up GU cards all the time - never seen a set with MiLB jersey's in it.

nevrdiez34
06-14-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure either, I've been out of the card business for quite some time now myself. I have seen some Bowman cards that have the All-Star Futures game used jersey swatches, but not regular minor league jerseys. It looks like the listing ended yesterday as someone agreed to pay $550 for his 2011 Kevin Rhoderick game worn jersey signed by Starlin Castro :eek:

David
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
The auction was deceptive. Anyone and his brother would read the listing title to mean it was a Castro game worn jersey-- and the description never clarified that it wasn't worn by him. The description should have said what the seller said to you.

ahuff
06-15-2012, 06:52 AM
TriStar put in Game Worn swatches in some of their minor league cards. I have a Blake Beavan jersey that he wore for all but 1 of his minor league home games while in my area. The team had a jersey made up for him to wear for that one game and then they sent that to the company for the cards.