PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the MLB all star game?

70to66
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm planning on going to Kansas City to take in everything except the home run derby. Anyone else going? Hope its as good as St. Louis was.

OaklandAsFan
06-10-2012, 09:40 PM
the best part of the week for me last year in AZ was the HR derby. the game itself was anticlimactic. The fan fest was pretty cool too but more for my kids than anything else. If it was like last year if you have a Holiday Inn priority club card you can get bracelets that give you a separate line to do the activities. My kids did the taco bell slide into home plate activity about 40 times in one day

slambam
06-10-2012, 10:42 PM
My brother has a part time gig in KC selling beer at concerts/Chief games. Just found out today he's going to be doing that for the AS game and HR Derby. That lucky bastard. Free to get in and as much as tickets cost, I'm sure those folks will have the money to burn on plenty of beers too.

marzomarz
06-10-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm planning to be there. I've been a few times including last year.

CampWest
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I will be there. I got a ticket strip. Will be my first All Star Game. Generally, I don't care much for exhibition games, but I have always enjoyed the futures game and this will be the last chance to see an ASG in my home town for a very long time.

70to66
06-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Found out today I might be going on the field for a pre-game visit before the A/S game.