PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mets Black Alternatives worn Sunday 6/3

metsbats
06-09-2012, 11:12 AM
If anyone caught the Mets game last Sunday night (6/3) you may have noticed that they were wearing their black alternatives with the Kid 8 patch sewn on the front of the jersey, regular Mets Skyline patch on the left sleeve, and the new 50th Anniversary patch on the right sleeve. If you are wondering why this variation exists on these black alternatives it is because they are using last years stock of black alternatives this year. And yes they are still tagged 2011 so if you are offered one of these 2012 black alternatives with the 2011 tagging they are legit.

Thanks to Eric at Stitches for sharing this information with me.

LastingsMilledge85
06-09-2012, 11:38 AM
They wore these because of the Franco induction. Probably (hopefully) won't wear them again.

flaco1801
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
so instead of purchasing new black uniforms for 2012 they had Stiches attach the 50th anniversary patch AND the Kid patch to save money...and then will turn around and sell the uniforms for more than they paid for them...thats probably the only profit making part of their 'business"...

Metsfan808
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
so instead of purchasing new black uniforms for 2012 they had Stiches attach the 50th anniversary patch AND the Kid patch to save money...and then will turn around and sell the uniforms for more than they paid for them...thats probably the only profit making part of their 'business"...

It was not about saving money, it was done last minute to honor he request of John Franco to wear the black uniforms. His son wore a black game used jersey of his from 2004 to catch the first pitch. Franco was a big fan of the black uniforms and the Mets wanted to honor his request. It all was thrown together last minute. I think they did a nice job considering it was a last minute request.

The Mets had no intention of wearing the black this season at all. If you look into he lockers of the players when they are being interviewed there is are no black jerseys or apparel in them. All the mets merchandise this year is blue without the black.

The Mets and every other MLB Team buys jerseys have the players wear them and then turn around and sell them for more than they paid, why is that a problem? Is it a problem when the Yankees or Giants do it?

The Mets hatred on his board is really pathetic.

flaco1801
06-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Please dont jump to a conclusion that i am not a Met fan...i happen to be a die hard Met fan from their birth....I was there in 69,73,86,2000 World Series...