PDA

View Full Version : Addressing the $500 limit; not deleting it.

d2ray13
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Mod-

I would start with the cliche, not trying to be a thorn in your side, but, I am. When will you actually address your reasoning and justification behind your $500 limit instead of deleting the threads posted by your members? Time and time again I have seen threads pop up concerning the limit, and instead of changing the limit (which appears to be the, or even addressing the individual, you delete the thread.

Most of the "Items Wanted" are 500 plus easily. With Hamilton's market right now, I'm not sure we could even post a game used shoestring of his without breaking a rule.

Damon Ray
d2ray13@hotmail.com

Metsfan808
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=36735&highlight=Limit

The reason for the limit was indicated in the user agreement. That is:

In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500.

Specifically, since we were not going to be monitoring items in this section for legitmacy, etc, we were limiting it to $500 to prevent any major problems from occuring. However, given the large number of people requesting a platform on the GUU site to sell additional items, we just made the following announcement:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=36738

Please feel free to read the announcement as I believe it provides an answer to the original question. I am also closing this thread since the other post provides the necessary information.

Sincerely,
Chris

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=48119&page=2&highlight=Limit

Hello Everyone,

This topic has been discussed a number of times on the forum. At this time we are not planning to change the rules of the Collector to Collector Classified section. However, there is a possibility we may consider a paid section without the limit but this is something we are going to need to discuss further.

We will keep you posted. However, given we don't have any updates at this time, I am closing this thread since there is no need to discuss this here further at the moment.

Sincerely,
Chris

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=48119&page=2&highlight=Limit

CollectGU
06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Mod-

I would start with the cliche, not trying to be a thorn in your side, but, I am. When will you actually address your reasoning and justification behind your $500 limit instead of deleting the threads posted by your members? Time and time again I have seen threads pop up concerning the limit, and instead of changing the limit (which appears to be the, or even addressing the individual, you delete the thread.

Most of the "Items Wanted" are 500 plus easily. With Hamilton's market right now, I'm not sure we could even post a game used shoestring of his without breaking a rule.

Damon Ray
d2ray13@hotmail.com

They only tell us it won't change, but they won't ever address specifics why they will not change it, and usually deflect the actual question by stating something to the effect "that we should be happy there is anything at all available for free".

TNTtoys
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
All,

I would appreciate if you can separate us moderators from the $500.00 limit which seems to be a recurring topic here as of late. This is not something that can be addressed by any of the the moderators of the forum. It is a business decision that has been made by Chris, the owner of the forum.

Thank you,
Nick

gnishiyama
06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
If you don't like the limit put it up on Ebay.

While we the members make up the forum, it's free for all of us to use
meanwhile Chris has expenses associated with running his operation from
hosting to marketing and everything in between so I'll take what I can get.
Chris set the limit for whatever reason at $500 and as far as I see it
there's no need for an explanation from him as to why. All an explanation
will do at this point will open up another can of the same old tired arguments
from the same people.

It's not that serious but to a degree being on the forum is a privilege
since you're on someone else's dime.

metsbats
06-09-2012, 12:35 PM
To everyone's point on this thread, this has been discussed and explained many times in those previous threads. Futhermore please do not use the forum as a platform to debate forum policy.

As far as why the other thread was deleted that member unfortunately took the route of launching personal attacks directed toward a moderator which resulted in his banning.

We are here to moderate the forum as per the guidelines set forth by the forum ownership and not to set or rewrite forum policy.