PDA

View Full Version : What does the MLB Hologram code starting with EK designate?

jdr3
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks

nationals2k9
06-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Initials of the authenticator, isn't it?

MLB~NUT
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Is that correct?:confused:

rdeversole
06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think that's correct - otherwise the same authenticator would be in multiple cities at the same time. EK is just the new lettering for authentication this year. I think they use up a run (ex: MR, MT, BB) and then move onto a new one? I've seen FJ and EK this season

MLB~NUT
06-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think that's correct - otherwise the same authenticator would be in multiple cities at the same time. EK is just the new lettering for authentication this year. I think they use up a run (ex: MR, MT, BB) and then move onto a new one? I've seen FJ and EK this season

I didn't think it was correct, was curious because for the first 4 or soo years it was only BB *******

nationals2k9
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Bob Baseball did it for the first four years, now Eric Karabell from ESPN is in on it. Can't believe you didn't know that!

Seriously, I've always wondered too, and just figured it was initials or something.

MLB~NUT
06-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Bob Baseball did it for the first four years, now Eric Karabell from ESPN is in on it. Can't believe you didn't know that!

Seriously, I've always wondered too, and just figured it was initials or something.

Sure just as Left Hand, and Franky Jay did as well!:eek: