PDA

View Full Version : sewing a player's name on a glove

cjclong
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Will companies that manufacture gloves for players, or anyone else, stitch a player's name of nickname on a baseball glove? I would like to own a particular player's glove, but realize the chance of purchasing a game glove from him is very unlikely. The next best thing would be to have his name stitched on the glove. Is there anyone who does this work. I have no intent to pass the glove off as coming from the player, which I realize is something that could cause a problem in having this done. Anyone know if you can get a name stitched on a baseball fielding glove?

CampWest
06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I think it depends some on which glove manufacturer... Rawlings offers custom gloves through rawlingsgear.com baseballexpress and many others. Models are somewhat limited, but you have lots of color options.

FYI though, it ain't cheap. $300 for Heart of the Hide leather or $400 for Pro Preferred leather. They don't offer custom gloves in the cheaper models to my knowledge.

Wilsoncustomgloves.com for Wilson models.

I've not seen customs for Mizuno at least not lately, Louisville, and many others.

Nokona I think does factory direct customs, at least they used to.

As far as putting a Pros name, it may depend on the maker. I know with bats many bat manufacturers will not engrave a pro player's name or a copyrighted team name.

CampWest
06-06-2012, 06:18 PM
might look here...

http://www.hq4sports.com/custom-adult-baseball-gloves.html

OaklandAsFan
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Nike used to do custom gloves, I have my name stitched in mine. Nikeid.com You can get your name on your shoes, design them with whatever color scheme you want, thats where I got my glove from a few years ago.