PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pedro Borbon (1946-2012)

ironmanfan
06-04-2012, 04:58 PM
By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, June 4, 5:19 PM

CINCINNATI — Pedro Borbon, who pitched 10 years for the Cincinnati
Reds and helped the Big Red Machine win back-to-back World Series
titles, died of cancer on Monday. He was 65.

Borbon had been in hospice care at his home in Pharr, Texas, his son,
Pedro, told The Associated Press in a phone interview. Borbon
requested to be cremated without a memorial service, his son said

RIP Pedro

My best personal recollection of Pedro was after the Pete Rose/Bud Harrelson brawl, when after the dust settled and everyone collected themselves, Borbon had accidently put a New York Mets cap on his head on the way back to the bullpen and once he noticed the error, he ripped the hat off his head and took a giant bite out of it......

frikativ54
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
My best personal recollection of Pedro was after the Pete Rose/Bud Harrelson brawl, when after the dust settled and everyone collected themselves, Borbon had accidently put a New York Mets cap on his head on the way back to the bullpen and once he noticed the error, he ripped the hat off his head and took a giant bite out of it......

Great story. I want that hat! :p

vdsporty25
06-05-2012, 01:18 PM
He will be remembered and missed by all Cincinnati Reds fans everywhere...

hrvatwill
06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear. As far as his biting is concerned, I can remember a bench-clearing brawl that occured between the Reds and Pirates in the 1970's in which Borbon bit the Pirate's Datyl Paterson.....they broke the mould on him......

pietraynor
06-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Grew up watching Pedro & the Big Red Machine! Was one of my favorites..He will be missed! I believe I have one of his locker nameplates from the Riverfront Stadium sale years back. Jay