PDA

View Full Version : Game used at the National?

Tedw9
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
This will be my first National and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. It just can't get here fast enough!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a good selection of game used dealers at the show? I've been on the hunt for a Papi game used hat for about a year now and I'm REALLY hoping that I can find one there. Can anyone chime in on what they've seen in years past?

And is anyone from this forum going?

Preston
05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm going for sure...for game used, autographs, some cards, and just getting away! Got a lot of friends to catch up w/ and I definitely will be looking to meet new friends/collectors.

This being your first time, here's a couple things to remember:

The first day or two, YOU WILL BE OVERWHELMED! Over 700 dealers and over 1,000 tables WILL do that to you! Remember 1. it's not like a smaller area card/memorabilia show - no matter HOW much other people are buying, there's SO much you're bound to find a bunch of cool stuff if you look hard enough, and 2. You won't be able to look at each and every single thing, but keep in mind you won't want to, either.

I personally look for a little bit of everything, so I try to keep that in mind, too!

There's quite a few game used dealers - JO, Hartel Sports, Steiner, etc. BUT like anything else, DO YOUR HOMEWORK

rdeversole
05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Last year was my first year and I had a blast. Bought from John Taube and Steiner. I think I bought 4 bats from 2011 and spent less than $300 on them combined. However, I was irritated with vintage card prices. Was looking for a few older cards and the mark up was enough to prevent me from haggling.

I'm considering going again this year. Anybody want to split a booth with me?

Buster23!
05-30-2012, 09:59 PM
I will be going this year for the first time in 10 years. I will be looking for SF Giants game used stuff and SF Giants high end cards.

DJaeger22
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I'll be heading up for at least 2 days with a friend of mine looking for some Flaherty items. Would it be worth it to go to the "sneak preview" partial day?

geoff
06-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I will be there at least Thursday and Friday and maybe Saturday also.We should all meet up somewhere inside during 1 of the days and say hi.I should have stuff for sale with me as well.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geofff

schillingfan
06-15-2012, 07:10 PM
I may go for one of the days just to see what's out there and meet up with some online friends.