PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant First Jersey on Grey Flannel

esquiresports
05-30-2012, 03:56 PM
My first post. I found this site a few months ago when I was purchasing my first game worn item and it's been a big help (although there is also a fair amount of bickering sometimes).

I had my eye on this jersey. I was REALLY hoping to be in the running but the price got away from me today. Kobe Bryant's first game worn jersey - pre-season and regular season, according to Grey Flannel. Wow. The photo match on the pre-season looks really solid, but it is more difficult to tell with the first game photo. I think if you spend $250 to get the photo rights from Getty Images, it would probably render something clear enough to match or not match.

I think it's the same jersey purchased by a forum member for $26K off of eBay, as I read the entire thread on it. If so, it's going to be a nice return on investment and I wish I found it on eBay! I was hoping to pay less than he did, but that's not happening.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=28436

sox83cubs84
05-30-2012, 10:19 PM
My first post. I found this site a few months ago when I was purchasing my first game worn item and it's been a big help (although there is also a fair amount of bickering sometimes).

I had my eye on this jersey. I was REALLY hoping to be in the running but the price got away from me today. Kobe Bryant's first game worn jersey - pre-season and regular season, according to Grey Flannel. Wow. The photo match on the pre-season looks really solid, but it is more difficult to tell with the first game photo. I think if you spend $250 to get the photo rights from Getty Images, it would probably render something clear enough to match or not match.

I think it's the same jersey purchased by a forum member for $26K off of eBay, as I read the entire thread on it. If so, it's going to be a nice return on investment and I wish I found it on eBay! I was hoping to pay less than he did, but that's not happening.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=28436

If it came from DC Sports, you couldn't ask for a better source on anything Lakers.

Dave Miedema

esquiresports
05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow. $115,000!

legaleagle92481
05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
If it came from DC Sports, you couldn't ask for a better source on anything Lakers.

Dave Miedema

I disagree with that. To me nothing beats the MEIGRAY/NBA authentic jerseys for anything NBA these days. Obviously that was not around back when this jersey was used though.