PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Jersey Auction Nights

lcstate collector
05-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I thought I would give this a try, any help is appreciated. I am looking to get some game worn jerseys from special auction nights at Minor League games. I can't attend these games in person. I was wondering if anyone could bid on the jerseys if they are able to attend. I would be happy to pay you a buyer fee based on the final price of the winning bid and shipping. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Thank you. Andrew
Here are the players and games that I would need help with:

KAWIKA EMSLEY-PAI – BRADENTON MARAUDERS Turn Back the Clock - MAY 31ST
CHRIS KISSOCK – READING PHILLIES Go Green Night – MAY 31ST
BRENT WYATT – ERIE SEAWOLVES Pink Breast Cancer - JUNE 8TH
BLAINE HARDY – OMAHA STORM CHASERS Austism – JUNE 9TH
CHRIS SCHWINDEN – BUFFALO BISONS Star Wars – JUNE 9TH
CHRIS KISSOCK – READING PHILLIES Prostate Cancer – JUNE 17TH

Tom@ABB
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Email sent

Tom@Autographedbaseballbats.net

Klattsy
05-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Best of luck mate, you could try contacting teams themselves but I have had no luck this year (last year was OK though).

Let us know how you go and through what channels, I would be very interested!

Mark.

lcstate collector
05-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I was lucky enough to have someone at the Nashville Sounds bid on a Sean Halton Linedrives for Lungs Jersey for me this weekend. I won it at a fair price. Some organizations are helpful and willing to bid for you. Others have no interest because I assume it seems like a hassle for them. I will keep this updated as I try to get more jerseys direct from team.

godwulf
05-29-2012, 03:09 PM
A couple of years ago, someone in the Marketing department of the Charleston RiverDogs was nice enough to bid on a jersey for me, and even talked me out of bidding too high, as he had experience in what these things usually go for.

Klattsy
05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
lcstate collector - if you are lucky enough to find anyone to help you with the Reading Phillies items, PLMK as I am keen on Drew Naylor + Tim Kennelly items.

Mark.

marzomarz
05-31-2012, 11:14 PM
what do these typically go for? I'm sure there can be a huge range but would like to get a better feel. Was at the jersey auction for the Potomac Nationals last year. Some went for as low as $75 while Wang's (who pitched that night in rehab) went for $400 or so.

ahuff
06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
what do these typically go for? I'm sure there can be a huge range but would like to get a better feel. Was at the jersey auction for the Potomac Nationals last year. Some went for as low as $75 while Wang's (who pitched that night in rehab) went for $400 or so.

You hit the nail on the head...I've been doing these auctions for years and discovered the range is pretty large. I've seen some go for the minimum bid. However, a Kolten Wong jersey was purchased here in the multiple thousands range. I think it really depends on the turn out, the advertising before the game, the talent pool, and the overall organization and management of the auction.

brianborsch
06-01-2012, 07:06 AM
I remember that Wong jersey! I was trying to get someone to bid on it for me out there! I was shocked that it went so high.

marzomarz
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
many times prices are extremely "bubbly." I'll be at the next pnat jersey auction if there is anything you want bid on.

Klattsy
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Andrew, I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread, but rather then start a new one I thought we could keep all the requests together...

If anyone can help with the following games:

Rochester Red Wings Fri 4th June "Urology Associates of Rochester Jersey Auction" (Liam Hendriks, Brendan Wise)

Iowa Cubs Sat 5th June "MDA Jersey Auction" (Ryan Rowland Smith)

PLMK!

lcstate collector
06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Klattsy, dont mind at all.
I have a bid request going in for a BLAINE HARDY – OMAHA STORM CHASERS Austism jersey this week. I will keep you updated on the results.

marzomarz
06-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm going to start a general thread on bidding surrogates. Let's put these all in the some thread.

lcstate collector
06-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Didn't get the jersey. Maybe next time,

Chris78
06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought I would give this a try, any help is appreciated. I am looking to get some game worn jerseys from special auction nights at Minor League games. I can't attend these games in person. I was wondering if anyone could bid on the jerseys if they are able to attend. I would be happy to pay you a buyer fee based on the final price of the winning bid and shipping. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Thank you. Andrew
Here are the players and games that I would need help with:

KAWIKA EMSLEY-PAI – BRADENTON MARAUDERS Turn Back the Clock - MAY 31ST
CHRIS KISSOCK – READING PHILLIES Go Green Night – MAY 31ST
BRENT WYATT – ERIE SEAWOLVES Pink Breast Cancer - JUNE 8TH
BLAINE HARDY – OMAHA STORM CHASERS Austism – JUNE 9TH
CHRIS SCHWINDEN – BUFFALO BISONS Star Wars – JUNE 9TH
CHRIS KISSOCK – READING PHILLIES Prostate Cancer – JUNE 17TH

I know that the Reading Phillies "police officer" jerseys worn on opening night April 5th were going for $200+ for everyone until I left after about 10 jerseys or so. The prices were too high for me. I did not attend the May 31st game to tell you how much they were going for.

Chris

Klattsy
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Damn, AAA prices can get high. Some of the AA jersey's I have picked up for $100. Strangely, I asked about a Tim Kennelley Lehigh Valley jersey at their last auction, and got told current bidding was at $180, but then realized Tim was dropped to AA during the week and wasn't even playing in the game! When I asked the IronPigs lady about it she never wrote back :)