PDA

View Full Version : Thank You For Your Service To Your Country!

3arod13
05-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks to all who have served their country in the past, present, and future! Appreciate your honorable and dedicated service to your country, and the sacrifices you made being away from your families!

sox83cubs84
05-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Tony:

I couldn't agree more! I'm glad to see the White Sox honoring a military person between one set of innings each game. They usually get standing ovations from most of the fans (including this one).

Dave Miedema

Jags Fan Dan
05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
A shout out to forum member and military member: Taylor Rogal, you are the man! Thanks for everything, buddy, and I'll be thinking of you this weekend/holiday!

both-teams-played-hard
05-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Amen!

gingi79
05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Thank you for all you do. That goes double for your family who serves this country with the same honor and less accolades.

frikativ54
05-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Tony:

I couldn't agree more! I'm glad to see the White Sox honoring a military person between one set of innings each game. They usually get standing ovations from most of the fans (including this one).

Dave Miedema

That's great that the Sox are doing that, Dave. Thanks to everyone - current and past - who has served our great country. :)

ncbadges
05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
This is a great thread. You guys (and ladies) are ALL heros in my book.

God Bless You All

ncbadges

cjclong
06-02-2012, 03:15 PM
The service men and women absolutely should be honored and I am glad when they are. Far too often we take them for granted. That said, at Texas Ranger games when the camera is put on members of our military in uniform at the game we are asked to "raise our Budweiser and salute them." To me there is somethig distasteful about linking honoring our military with selling beer (or anything else). The honoring of our service people, and they genuinely deserve to be honored, no question about it, should stand on its own. By bringing this up I don't mean to distract from the sentiments expressed honoring our men and women in uniform who deserve all the praise we can give them.

frikativ54
06-02-2012, 07:06 PM
The service men and women absolutely should be honored and I am glad when they are. Far too often we take them for granted. That said, at Texas Ranger games when the camera is put on members of our military in uniform at the game we are asked to "raise our Budweiser and salute them." To me there is somethig distasteful about linking honoring our military with selling beer (or anything else). The honoring of our service people, and they genuinely deserve to be honored, no question about it, should stand on its own. By bringing this up I don't mean to distract from the sentiments expressed honoring our men and women in uniform who deserve all the praise we can give them.

It's funny: In WWI, cigarettes were linked to patriotism and supporting the military. Many civic organizations raised money and donations of cigarettes for U.S. troops. Interesting how times change. :)

camarokids
06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
To properly honor the brave people who serve, I think the federal government should stop f*cking them out of social services, healthcare and other things they deserve after serving their country.

There should be a law passed, that if a politician wants to start a war, they have to fight in it!

godwulf
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
There should be a law passed, that if a politician wants to start a war, they have to fight in it!

Better yet, if they vote to fund a war, their closest relative of military service age goes right to the front lines.

MSpecht
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Let's keep politics to a minimum in order to keep this thread open and Honor, Respect, and Thank those who sacrificed for America's Freedom. Below is a photo of my parents, circa WWII, or maybe a short time after.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

joelsabi
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Let's keep politics to a minimum in order to keep this thread open and Honor, Respect, and Thank those who sacraficed for America's Freedom.

+1

Just wanted to mention the USS Iowa museum that will be in San Pedro (Los Angeles port) soon. Maybe you know someone who served on the the USS Iowa and can pass this information on.

Hoshal13
07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o75/jhoshal/45400_482263121860622_293600903_n.jpg

Finishing up my last month of service , this ball is one of my grails! I was so lucky to get this ball, one of my grails.

ChrisCavalier
07-20-2013, 04:07 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o75/jhoshal/45400_482263121860622_293600903_n.jpg

Finishing up my last month of service , this ball is one of my grails! I was so lucky to get this ball, one of my grails.
Awesome!

-Chris