PDA

View Full Version : Looking for facemask screws used by the 49ers during the 1980's and 1990's

rsvpcollector
05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
I would appreciate any info regarding the brass/gold colored single slotted machine screws used by the 49ers. Who made them? Where can I get them?

yosef777
05-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Not sure if they are the same ones used by Dunguard (a facemask manufacturer in the 60's and 70's), which were brass and single slotted also. Try Curtis at Helmet Hut

rsvpcollector
05-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Those are very close. However, the head on those have a slightly larger diameter...about 1/16" larger when compared to the 49ers screw. I have used those as a substitute, and I did get them from Curtis. Coffeebeanjoe wrote on another thread that Sid Brooks used them with the Chargers. Bronco Hinek, who worked under Sid, brought them to the 49ers when he left the Chargers. Coffeebeanjoe said he has some extra screws but I've been unable to contact him. I'm hoping he may see my post. I would like to make him an offer if I can make contact.

solarlottry
05-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi RSVPcollector: I know "Coffeebeanjoe" and will shoot him an email tonight to see what he has.

He is mainly a jersey collector, with an emphasis on mid to late 80s Russell shirts, worn by 49er offensive linemen. He is a very nice guy and quite knowledgeable, so I am sure if he can help, he will.

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and I will let you know what Joe said.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying quality 49er game worn jerseys and ALL 1994 49er GU items.