PDA

View Full Version : Game used letter of authenticity?

mlbforeverhomer
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Hello,

I noticed, and followed the thread when a fellow forum member acquired Josh Hamiltons home run baseball from his 4 home run game. I recently acquired a home run ball, but from a good friend.

The ball bounced back onto the field and Jordan Schafer threw it to him. Anyways, I would love it if a fellow member has such a letter and could email it to me. I will have my friend sign it along with his wife who was with him. Also, what other info should I include? Thanks for the information!

Thanks!

mlbforeverhomer
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Help please!!!!!! Thank you in advance!!!

David
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Your original post wasn't clear. You want someone here to send you a letter for your friends to sign? Are you saying you want to know what kind of letter you should compose for them to sign?

David
05-23-2012, 11:47 PM
A ticket to the game would be a good start to accompany the letter.

rdeversole
05-24-2012, 12:13 AM
As a buyer I would be reluctant to purchase a ball that's not authenticated unless it was somehow caught on camera and unmistakable markings were visible in the video or camera footage and matched said ball. Footage plus paperwork would be nice but without a visual to confirm, the paperwork is absolutely worthless to me. People lie and scheme and balls are switched at many games.

mlbforeverhomer
05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Your original post wasn't clear. You want someone here to send you a letter for your friends to sign? Are you saying you want to know what kind of letter you should compose for them to sign?

Yes a written letter. I apologize for the confusion. The baseball was given to me, and it's for my personal collection. He was also with 4 of my other buddies when he caught the baseball. Thanks guys. I also have his ticket from the game.

David
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
So it sounds as if you have the ball, you know its genuine but you want to get some good documentation for your records so you can later on show it is genuine, even though you don't have a photo or anything.

1) Get a letter from your friend and his wife saying it's genuine. Notarized would be great.
2) Get a ticket from the game if you can (they may or may not have already thrown the out by now, I don't know)

3) As a collector and seller in the game used hobby be reputable, knowledgeable and always on the up and up. Thus when you later want to sell it and say it's a genuine home run ball (with letter and ticket) people will believe you and know that you're a knowledgeable, reputable hobbyist who knows what he's talking about and would't like. Your built up reputation serves you well in these types of instances.

David
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
wouldn't lie I meant, not wouldn't like

mlbforeverhomer
05-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Thank you David, and everyone else that sent emails.