PDA

View Full Version : Steve Misturini is back on Ebay.....Please update the Thread.

Mulligans
05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Many of the older members know the name Steve Misturini....He has been forging game used memorabilia for years and is well known by all the Major Auction Houses, Big Name Authenticators and even the FBI. He has been bouncing around Ebay for years under multiple aliases and accounts. All you have to do is Google his name with the words "Scam or Fraud" and you will get lots of information.

He is actively on Ebay under the name "yoluvit247". I believe that he has recently sold items to forum members. I recall seeing a Questionable Dion Sanders Dallas Jersey and a pair of Urlacher pants that were recently brought up by XXX on the forum. I believe that he sold these items.

He does it all....adds his own signatures, performs his own team repairs, and even finds the photo and then "reverse photomatches" it with his own dirt. He has no favorite sport when it comes to forgeries....He has done them all.

I would love to see this thread constantly updated with every Misturini Story or fact that Forum Members have ever encountered so that guys know what to look for....Names and Aliases that he uses....addresses that he mails from...phone numbers etc.

Just so you know, he has forged 1000's of GU items....its not just 1 or 2 pieces. He even had his own website at one time, but I'm not sure if it still exists.

Hopefully, this thread will be able to alert at least one unsuspecting buyer or a member who may have dealt with him in the past. I know that Mr. Misturini used to scan the Forum and hopefully he still does so he might be coerced into a new profession?

joelsabi
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Are you allowed to give detail on you getting back 4K from this character. Your example would give this thread its jumpstart.

Mulligans
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Sure....My first encounter with him was over a year ago and at that time; I had only heard his name in passing. I purchased a "perfectly photo matched" "Date specific" GU Football Jersey with solid provenance from him on EBay.When I started to have questions about the jersey, I dug a little deeper and found out that the seller (with a different name) shared the same address as one Steve Misturini from Lindenhurst, New York.

I was blown away at how many guys that he had probably scammed just under that one eBay account (130 feedback). I was also able to dig up another half dozen Aliases that he had worked under. Of course no one ever knows it’s him. They just think that they are dealing with a very pleasant guy who always has a 100% feedback! I was able to contact several Forum members through the EBay feedback page to let them know that they were probably scammed too. A few days before, Misturini had just met another Forum member Rich in a local New York Parking lot to pay for an eBay item that he won. I even spoke to Misturini and his wife at their home in New York….Pleasant as can be…..both in total denial of my accusations.

Long Story Short…..With the help of a handful of Forum members, the local police and the FBI, I filed Criminal Charges against him in Massachusetts.The Court quickly decided in my favor and I received a full refund from Steve Misturini.

I hope one person will read this and hopefully remember dealing with him at some point in time. Last I looked; I think he had active eBay items and had recently sold items to forum names that I recognized.

My second encounter was last week….I will update you as soon as things are finalized.

Mulligans
05-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Here are some names of people who have recently purchased items on Ebay from Steve Misturini. Anybody know any of these guys? If so, let them know who they were dealing with.

Bamney1
Durk59
Flight2IAD
RWThurman
RocaFellaDynasty
Cowboy4Life1313
JBJames

Preston
08-24-2012, 10:53 AM
so I take it I should be pretty worried about this purchase and should request a refund?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290760263967?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

momen55
08-24-2012, 11:46 AM
i looked him up and he doesn't have anything for sale.

Preston
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
i looked him up and he doesn't have anything for sale.

Correct, but I just purchased this and received it today...and the name "Steve Misturini" was on the return address.

If anyone has any Eddie George game worn pants, I'd love to compare the size tag and the way "27" is written. I mean there's a good chance these ARE real, however I (of course) want to be sure).

Preston
08-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone happen to know what size pants Eddie George wears? Do you think I should go ahead and request a refund on these now since I only have x amount of time to do so, and given his history scamming people?

(In other words, is there a prayer in heck that these are legit?)

Mulligans
08-25-2012, 06:38 AM
I have no clue if these pants are real but there has been at least one pair of urlacher pants from this seller discussed recently on the forum which appeared to have major issues.

Have you had an opportunity to scroll through the forum archives highlighting some of his many items that buyers had problems with? Almost all of the posts deal with him "doctoring" pants, jerseys and helmets in an attempt to mislead buyers.

short84
08-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Don't forget the Deion Sanders jersey that sold to cowboy4life1313 for $650. I think cowboy4life1313 is still trying to sell it on eBay to some other uneducated buyer. There were several members on this forum who were able to point it out as being fake.

Preston
08-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Kinda what I figured. I'll go ahead and request a refund and see what happens.

Mulligans
08-25-2012, 07:00 PM
.......He also reads every one of these posts.

Preston
08-25-2012, 10:12 PM
.......He also reads every one of these posts.

Interesting to know. Well he did offer a full refund. Should I honestly do it? I want to make sure this isn't actually a good, legit item. (I know I'm probably holding out a LOT more wishful thinking than I should but still...) I'm torn because I now have a game worn jersey, helmet and (potentially) pants of Eddie's so I want to make ABSOLUTE sure before I request a refund and return the item.

ramsrule
08-25-2012, 10:30 PM
So can anyone here say for certain that Marshall Faulk game used helmet is fake or real ? Was curious I am sure I had seen this same Faulk helmet on ebay before. If it is fake then what are the tell tale sings that give it away?

earlywynnfan
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Interesting to know. Well he did offer a full refund. Should I honestly do it? I want to make sure this isn't actually a good, legit item. (I know I'm probably holding out a LOT more wishful thinking than I should but still...) I'm torn because I now have a game worn jersey, helmet and (potentially) pants of Eddie's so I want to make ABSOLUTE sure before I request a refund and return the item.

Not to be rude, but what more do you want??? The guy has a HUGE list of proven ripoffs, yet you want to believe he's sold you something legit. This is exactly why scammers are so successful.

Keep the pants, they're perfect, wonderful, completely unquestionable.

Ken

Preston
08-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks Ken - good point LOL

I'll get my refund, I'm sending the pants back Monday.

nycpropain
08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
I was nearly laughed off this place when I suggested people reverse photomatch. I guess when its items that could be in their collection they dont want to hear it.

Preston
09-01-2012, 01:03 AM
I got my refund today from Steve, and of course guess what is BACK on eBay..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDDIE-GEORGE-TENNESSEE-TITANS-GAME-USED-WORN-PANTS-/290769094642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b33047f2

Yep, fake Eddie pants!

Preston
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
GUU - we should ALL pat ourselves on the back tonight - eBay removed the "Eddie George" game used pants. Not sure if anyone else reported them for fraud (I did), but it's one less fake item someone else will end up...at least for now. At least via eBay.

Preston
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
AND...he is NO LONGER a registered user.

Again, for now...