PDA

View Full Version : thome game used glove on AmericanMemorabilia.com

thome25.com
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=31741&auccat=Baseball%20Unsigned

I notified the auction house in the attached link regarding the thome "game used glove" they have listed and they have failed to respond to my e-mail. I notified them that the glove they have for auction was not game used but rather sewn by the glove doctor in 2001. At one time I owned this glove, still they failed to ask any questions. I included phone number, e-mail address etc. No follow up. Thoughts?

rose14
10-11-2006, 07:59 AM
They are probably too busy processing consignment checks from their July auction. I recevied a blanket email yesterday from the world famous Kieta saying that the remaining checks would be processed and sent out this weekend.

Why does it take AM so long to get consigners checks cut and sent to them? The July auction ended July 13 and it takes them three months to pay people. I know most auction houses I deal with pay within 45 days and 60 at the very latest. I don't understand why AM would send out a blanket email like that to all of the people on their email list. If I had someting I wanted to consign and saw that it takes three months to get paid I certainly wouldn't use them to sell it.

Try calling them and see what they say.

cjclong
10-11-2006, 01:12 PM
What is the lott number of the Thome glove in the American Memorabilia auction you have a question about?

thome25.com
10-11-2006, 08:54 PM
#189 click on the link provided in the first portion of the thread.

cjclong
10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Are you saying that the Glove was altered to be a Thome model glove or that it was nver game used by him or both? I'm interested because they have Denny Eskew who authenticated the Thome gove authenticating an Ivan Rodrigez glove in the same auction.

W_EISENHUTH
10-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Read the item description closer. This glove DOES NOT come with a COA from glove expert Denny Esken.... I don't have the catalog in front of me, but I believe it states that Esken says that particular model glove is preferred by MLB first basemen. Other gloves in the auction state (in bold letters) that a COA from Esken is included. The fact that this glove does not include an Esken LOA/COA should raise a red flag.

cjclong
10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
You are correct. Thanks for pointing out the wording.

thomecollector
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, It looks like our suspicions were right. Grey Flannel showed some guts , and pulled the glove.:) I may have some respect for them after all.

rose14
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I thought this was an AMI auction instead of Grey Flannel.

thomecollector
10-16-2006, 04:15 AM
OOPS! My bad. You're correct. I sometimes get their stuff confuse.:(