PDA

View Full Version : Does Steiner respond to phone calls/e-mails?

sctizzle
10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I won an auction September 30 on their website. Having never purchased from them before, I did not know what credit card I had on file for the auction, so I called their office on Monday October 2. I was told I had to update my Yahoo wallet, which I did not have. The guy on the phone told me no one was in that could help me with auctions and that was the only thing I could do.

I did a Live help thing on their website on Tuesday Oct 3 and was given a phone number to call along with an extension. No answer. I left a voice mail and have not heard back from that call.

I e-mailed Bob Malandro on October 3 and he copied the two auction guys to help me out. I emailed both and did not hear from them.

On Thursday, I received an e-mail from Nick Gomez. I called and left him a voice mail Friday. No return call. I called him again yesterday, and again, left him a voice mail.

Does anyone besides Bob Malandro actually return phone calls or e-mails to help out customers? At this point, I am very frustrated trying to deal with them and do not know what else I can do. They don't seem to be in a rush to get paid for the item...

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for any help,
Scott

dcrules01
10-10-2006, 05:27 PM
You can update your cc info on the site.But if they submit the order to the cc and it is declined they can just relist the item.Happened to me I had to bid on the irem again.I am dealing with them now.I won a game worn bating helmet and the sent me a game worn catchers helmet.The one I one had the ear flap and the Katrina red cross symbol.The one I recd had none of the above.I spoke with a Peter about this and the item was sent back today.His number I believe is listed on the site.He was very helpful..

10-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I won a Steiner auction through www.mlb.com (http://www.mlb.com) at the start of September. This was my first auction win from Steiner. My credit card went through immediately. I promptly received an e-mail notification from Steiner with an order number confirmation and space for a tracking number for my shipment, and this space was blank. There were other blank fields in the e-mail. I sent Steiner an e-mail with my concerns, and received no answer. Three weeks went by, which is certainly a very reasonable amount of time to receive a package in the USA, since nothing had arrived yet. I e-mailed them again, with no reply. I called them early last week, told the operator my issue, and she forwarded the call to the "auction department" where I was put into a voice mail box. Again, after a week, no reply has been received. Nobody from Steiner has ever contacted me via e-mail or telephone. Finally, the package did arrive late last week.

As a business person who relies on our customer service team to provide prompt, courteous, and accurate answers to our customers, I am interested to eventually read the book put out by Steiner about their business to see what, if anything, is said about their customer service practices to see their view on taking care of customer issues.

I hope my particular case with Steiner is an isolated incident. Needless to say, I do not think things got off on the right foot.

Tom Duino
Aliso Viejo, CA