PDA

View Full Version : Trade Question

HENMICK44
05-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Are we now able to list items on here that are available for trade with other forum members?????????????????

slab0meat
05-17-2012, 02:42 PM
CtoC section doesn't mention trading, unless I missed it.

It does however, mention not post anything also being sold on eBay, and that happens a lot.

gingi79
05-18-2012, 01:51 AM
I don't know if things have changed however, I did have a listing removed once from the CtoC for being a For Trade post with no price.

HENMICK44
05-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Anyone else know?

kellsox
05-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Seems the moderation/ supervision of the site has become minimal since the resigntion of the group of moderators a few months ago.

yanks12025
05-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree with kellSox with very little to no moderation. I actually found out from some members on net54, that it's taken several months before new members are being approved. One person had to wait 6 months.

kellsox
05-19-2012, 09:21 AM
The apparent decline in participation and overall lack of quality posts ( compared to several years ago) is a direct reflection of the lack of administratve presence. In my opinion this site has no real direction and has been largely uncared for. Hey- do you know that the 2011 8d holiday auction is live?;)

HENMICK44
05-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Ok thanks all I'm going to put up a Teixeria bat for trade or sale.

godwulf
05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
The apparent decline in participation and overall lack of quality posts ( compared to several years ago) is a direct reflection of the lack of administratve presence.

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "decline" and "lack", or doesn't think this is necessarily true? :confused:

I've been on discussion boards of various kinds that don't get as many posts in a month as this forum gets in the average day.

I guess I'm also not entirely clear on what constitutes a "quality post", in the view of some. I see folks proudly posting their new acquisitions, helping one another out with identifications, and the like. We've got the pro bats division manager of Hillerich and Bradsby doing records checks and answering questions about bat production and ordering, for crying out loud - what the heck do you want?

xpress34
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "decline" and "lack", or doesn't think this is necessarily true? :confused:

I've been on discussion boards of various kinds that don't get as many posts in a month as this forum gets in the average day.

I guess I'm also not entirely clear on what constitutes a "quality post", in the view of some. I see folks proudly posting their new acquisitions, helping one another out with identifications, and the like. We've got the pro bats division manager of Hillerich and Bradsby doing records checks and answering questions about bat production and ordering, for crying out loud - what the heck do you want?

Jeff -

To borrow and rework a phrase from P.T. Barnum:

"You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time."

I don't think the posts have declined, but I do agree that there has been a very apparent lack of 'supervision' since the attrition of many of the mods.

- Smitty

godwulf
05-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Jeff -

To borrow and rework a phrase from P.T. Barnum:

"You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time."

I don't think the posts have declined, but I do agree that there has been a very apparent lack of 'supervision' since the attrition of many of the mods.

- Smitty

I'm not questioning whether or not there has been a lack of supervision and moderating lately - I'm simply saying that, if there has been, it has not, from where I sit, resulted in anything approaching a bad, unpleasant or unusable forum. I question whether a "decline in participation and overall lack of quality posts" is a fair assessment of GUU today, and my own view is that it is not fair at all.

emann
05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "decline" and "lack", or doesn't think this is necessarily true?

For better or worse, I think the number of posts have declined since a few members who either left or were banned happened to be very active and posted several threads each per week.

Henmick: I think you could always post items as trade, but they had to also include a cash sale price (for some reason, maybe to keep the value under the $500 per item limit).