PDA

View Full Version : MLB baseball pictures problem

cjclong
05-12-2012, 08:28 AM
In an earlier post I went to the MLB photo store site to get a picture of Josh Hamilton's 4th home run. I was surprised to see they had a picture only of number three which was supplied by Getty. Another contributor to the forum said Getty had the 4th home run on their site. I went there and it is correct. They have a good picture of the 4th home run their number 144061084. If Getty is a supplier to major league baseball they are short changing MLB, and through us the fans, by not providing the picture you would want. I don't want home run number 3, I want the record tying home run number 4. The picture of number 3 is essentially worthless. It would be like providing Jeter's 2,999 hit rather than 3,000 and I could give countless other examples. The point is, Getty has the picture and is not, for some reason providing it to MLB and its fans. I have never understood why Getty will not sell pictures to fans. They will sell them to run in newspapers which are sold to thousands of people but won't sell a good 8x10 which you could keep,and perhaps get autographed, to a fan. Makes no sense. Also, I just assumed that the picture MLB was marketing from the May 8 game was the 4th home run. I'm glad I checked the information below the picture that did state it was number 3. While MLB was truthful in labeling the picture I hope fans didn't buy the worthless number 3 as I almost did. Since Getty seems only to provide pictures to MLB and not individuals I would encourage others to go to the contact place on the MLB site and say we want the important pictures of record hits, wins, etc when they are available and not the runners up.