PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this before?-Prince Bat

DUTCH613
05-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi guys. I bought this bat a while back and I was real happy about it until it came and I saw a chunk out of it (didnt see the chunk in the pics prior to purchasing it). I cant figure out what happened to it. It is supposedly a minor league SAM. I liked it because of the TANK on the barrel. I would love to hear what you guys think. If you have seen his nickname on any minor league bats prior, and if anyone could shed some light on the chunk. Thanks everyone.
Ryan

stlbats
05-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Looks like it was hit against something out of frustration like a rail or water cooler, ect. I have a couple of bats in my collection (Cardinals bats) that have something like this on them.

Jason

stlbats@bellsouth.net

DUTCH613
05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Looks like it was hit against something out of frustration like a rail or water cooler, ect. I have a couple of bats in my collection (Cardinals bats) that have something like this on them.

Jason

stlbats@bellsouth.net

Thanks Jason.. I was thinking along those lines. Thanks for the reply and opinion!:)

mlbforeverhomer
05-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Also, if that autograph is suppose to be Prince Fielders it is fake...

DUTCH613
05-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the honesty. I have about 20 items signed by him and this one looked a bit different. The only thing that I felt that there was a possibility that it is not fake is that I have a VERY early signed GU Minor league ball that has a similar sig. Also my rookie card was signed in the same fashion. I was hoping that his early sig's look a bit different like most players do. You seem very sure from your comment, and I respect that, but could you elaborate a bit on it?? Thanks! Any info good/bad is much appreciated. I took a chance on this bat and for the price, it wouldnt be terrible if it came up not as listed. Thanks again.
-Ryan

DUTCH613
05-11-2012, 08:15 PM

Also I looked at the pics and saw there was no close up of his sig. If you need that to elaborate on this "fake" sig, let me know. Thanks again!!

treant985
05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
A lot of guys change their signatures as they progress through the minors and into the majors, always putting less detail the further they go. I don't have any knowledge about Fielder in particular, though.

happyyoungster
05-11-2012, 10:24 PM

I respectfully disagree 100%.
Looks on par with any early Prince Fielder signatures.

DUTCH613
05-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I respectfully disagree 100%.
Looks on par with any early Prince Fielder signatures.

Thank you! I did a little research last night and the autograph is very similar to all his early ones, not just the early stuff I have. Thanks for the input/opinion.

DUTCH613
05-12-2012, 11:18 AM
A lot of guys change their signatures as they progress through the minors and into the majors, always putting less detail the further they go. I don't have any knowledge about Fielder in particular, though.

Thanks, that is what I thought.