PDA

View Full Version : How to repair bats

Mannywood3
05-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi there i have a game used bat that i really wanted to repair. But today i decided to see if i could still photomatch the game used bat, but for some reason i flipped it and try and catch it on the barrel and i misssed and hit my dresser. ( I know people may call me dumb but I don't care) So know where the broken piece of the bat was is broken more to the point to where it will come off. Can anyone help me repair it like what kind of glue do I use and do i go ahead and take off the falling piece and glue it on there.Thanks

flota89
05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I usually use an Elmer's wood glue, but I rarely do my own repairs. If it's a bat that's important to you, I'd suggest having it done professionally.

Mannywood3
05-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I mean the bat is my first game used bat ever and its from the independent league

flota89
05-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm not the best guy for repair advice. I'd use Elmer's wood glue and lots of clamps. If its a flat crack, you can glue and clamp, then let dry overnight. Other cracks are more challenging. I'm not much help on those. There are some guys on here that are great at repairs. Hopefully a few of them will chime in. Good luck!

Birdbats
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Post photos and maybe we can help you better. A picture is worth 1,000 words.

Rob L
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I repair all of my broken bats with Elmer's and clamps but I won't the crack to still be visible. It shows the demise if the bat but still allows friends or myself to handle it or swing it.