PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson and friends event in Kenosha

MrOct44
05-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I just returned from events to benefit Reggie's Mr. October Foundation for Kids and the Kenosha Public Museum. HOFers Reggie, Paul Molitor and Eddie Murray were joined by Milt Pappas at a small dinner Friday and then all three did a public signing Saturday. The exhibit is a great collection of 500 home run hitter bats but mainly Reggie stuff. Reggie loaned many items (like his World Series rings and the three home run jersey from the 77 series). He included some handwritten notes explaining the items. If you are anywhere near Milwaukee or Chicago this summer, you need to check it out. It is a collector's dream and will be on display until October...and admission is free. Most items are from the Demos family collection. It is truly impressive and they are a great family. A selection of photos I took Friday night are below. I also took the opportunity to have Reggie sign many game used items I gathered the last ten years waiting for a nice event like this. Those are shown as well.

happyyoungster
05-05-2012, 06:26 PM
I went today and had the following items signed by Paul Molitor.
Nicely organized for certain...

prichmond
05-05-2012, 08:09 PM
The 68 jersey was on display in the Mears booth at last years national. Mears just sold a 68 gold Reggie jersey in last weeks auction for roughly $50,000. REA has two Reggie knits in their current auction if any one is interested.

Pete