PDA

View Full Version : Who else used this Roberto Alomar bat?

commando
04-27-2012, 02:03 AM
I know that Roberto Alomar did not usually apply tape or pine tar to his bats, and this bat has both! In addition, Alomar's number 12 has been blacked out from the knob (but you can still see it). Unfortunately, I don't know if the bat is from his Padres or Blue Jays days, which would help narrow down who else may have used this.

So does anyone have any ideas? Does this tape and pine tar style look familiar? The bat is hammered and has a slight crack that runs between the tape and center ring.

Many thanks!

cjw
04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Sorry, cant't help on additional player use portion of your search but the Cooper brand is a Canadian maker and dates it to Robbie's time in Toronto. As a Jays collector I have a few Coopers but unfort none with tape specifics like yours.

commando
04-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Sorry, cant't help on additional player use portion of your search but the Cooper brand is a Canadian maker and dates it to Robbie's time in Toronto. As a Jays collector I have a few Coopers but unfort none with tape specifics like yours.

Thanks for the info! Knowing that the bat was used by a Blue Jays teammate is a huge help and helps to narrow the search by 50%! If anyone recognizes this tape style from an early 1990s Blue Jays player, I'd love to hear it!

Many thanks...