PDA

View Full Version : howie long ?????

zonker
04-24-2012, 07:53 AM
i was wondering what everyone thought a current value of a 1989 HOWIE LONG game used jersey would be? i have checked for past auction results, but haven't found any recent listings. any help would be appreciated! thanks

RJB44
04-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Considering he is a HOfer and very popular NFL personality and the fact you don't see many of his GU items out there... I'm sure it would have decent value, considering it is authenticated and is the real deal. I think 80s era NFL jerseys command good $$$ right now. Sorry, I don't collect NFL so can't really give you more specifics on price range.. but the info certainly comes into play regarding it's worth.

jhunt28
04-24-2012, 10:15 AM
This sold at AMI on 2/7/08 for $4,139...

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=41052&qf=title&t=All&q=howie+long&offset=10&p=0

zonker
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
if this help's: i loaded a couple pic's. the shoulders, sleeves and numbers, letters are dazzle cloth and the body is regular type jersey mesh. i'm not sure what it's called? show's alot of fraying wear and washing to the number's and tag's. picture's don't show details well. to black i guess? thanks for the replies so far! i'm really trying to get a realistic value for this era jersey. the jersey listed earlier on this post from 2008 auction. i believe was his last G.U. jersey. and would carry a premium. again any help would be appreciated!

ivo610
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
As someone who refuses to buy anything in a frame I would suggest taking it out of the frame. I assume someone is hiding sonething when it's in a frame.

I have heard several other posters make similar comments.

As far as value between 2k and 4k imo

zonker
04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
i put the jersey in the frame yesterday myself. i'm not buying it. i have owned this jersey for awhile. it has been in a ziplock bag in my closet. i wanted to display it and see how it would look in the all black and silver frame. i had been displaying a #66 greenbay jersey in that case. i plan on buying a black and green frame to put the greenbay jersey in. so no hiding anything. i'm just changing my sports room around and taking inventory. i'm looking to finally put some insurance on my collection. plus i just didn't want to post a picture of a H.O.Famer's jersey laying in the floor. i can't stand that. thanks for the reply!

ivo610
04-25-2012, 07:23 AM
i put the jersey in the frame yesterday myself. i'm not buying it. i have owned this jersey for awhile. it has been in a ziplock bag in my closet. i wanted to display it and see how it would look in the all black and silver frame. i had been displaying a #66 greenbay jersey in that case. i plan on buying a black and green frame to put the greenbay jersey in. so no hiding anything. i'm just changing my sports room around and taking inventory. i'm looking to finally put some insurance on my collection. plus i just didn't want to post a picture of a H.O.Famer's jersey laying in the floor. i can't stand that. thanks for the reply!
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were trying to get a price with the plan of selling it. My bad.