PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on eBay Griffey Jr. jersey

sox83cubs84
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
There's an alleged 1991 home Mariners gamer of Ken Griffey Jr. up on the Bay right now, but I am skeptical of it. I have never seen the strip tag with a year notation on ANY Rawlings Mariners gamer that I have examined:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Ken-Griffey-Jr-game-worn-Seattle-Mariners-jersey-set-1-1991-w-LOA-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqZ,!l4E87ryWCSdBPk,!!HCUQ~~60_57.JPG

In addition, eBay also has a 1991 home Tino Martinez from a different seller with team authentication. That one has the flag tag, but not the 1991 strip tag.

Has anyone seen a 1991 M's gamer (preferably common player or minor star) with the 1991 strip tag? Is this another Score Board production? Something else? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Dave Miedema

WadeInBmore
04-23-2012, 11:56 PM
It's funny dave, I looked at this jersey today and in the description it says that there is/was an away version f/s on eBay as well. So I scrolled thru and sure enough found it...first thing I noticed was that the tagging was different?!? Immediately thought, which one is not real?

To me, the strip tag and the set/yer tag is über redundant. Glad it had you scratching your head too.

Wade

sox83cubs84
04-30-2012, 02:39 PM
It's funny dave, I looked at this jersey today and in the description it says that there is/was an away version f/s on eBay as well. So I scrolled thru and sure enough found it...first thing I noticed was that the tagging was different?!? Immediately thought, which one is not real?

To me, the strip tag and the set/yer tag is über redundant. Glad it had you scratching your head too.

Wade

If I recall correctly, the 1991 road with the normal tagging is one I looked at for a local collector who sought a LOO, paid half, but never paid in full, so no LOO was issued.

Dave Miedema