PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Twitter for the sports-related website?

commando
04-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I finally decided to start using Twitter for the Houston Gamblers website this morning. It seems like a good way to tell people about changes or additions to the site, since its pretty large. Anyone else have any luck using Twitter for their sports site?... How is it working for you? What's your Twitter name?

For me, it is @HoustonGamblers. Tweets from me will only be regarding the Gamblers and website-related topics.

Thanks!

lcstate collector
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
I use twitter for my LCSC blog/website but havent posted any game worn items. Quick easy way to share info/current news with people about LCSC. I like it.
http://twitter.com/lcscbaseballhof

rdeversole
04-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm on Twitter. @dugoutrelics

I post pictures of game used items I pickup and baseball related stuff

Preston
04-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Twitter is THE single greatest autograph tool ever invented (minus the Sharpie, of course) - with that I found out where Troy Aikman was hanging out on a Friday night the weekend of the Titans/Saints game and got him to sign a helmet around midnight that night (or morning?), and it's helped countless times.

Klattsy
04-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I use Twitter to connect with the Aussie guys overseas. Had a few verify items for me. I'm on @klattsy post sports related mainly baseball but some Aussie stuff. Also my maildays.