PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Posada nope but close!!

suave1477
04-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Well I havent been on here in a long time but I couldnt help myself but to post this one auction that I came across. I honestly found it more funny than anything else.

I am not questioning the bat or even saying the seller is doing anything wrong. He is probably just going by the obvious. And the coincidence is actually pretty funny. Just for all purposes though I did contact the seller to let him know what he really has.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280864654369

I do believe it is a real Jorge Posada bat only problem is, it wasn't used by him. It was used by Josh Phelps.

For obvious reasons it does not have the tape job on the handle normally done by Posada.
But it does have J.P. on the knob which is identical to the handwriting of Josh Phelps and slight pine tar on the handle which Phelps does do and sometimes Mota Stick.

Funny how both players have the same initials.

Still a good conversation piece!!

yankees506
04-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow look who is back like he never left!!!!!!!!!!!!

great info!!!!!

BULBUS
04-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Glad to see you are still around :D

I was wondering what was up with that bat?? Good catch

trsent
04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I personally don't trust anyone who doesn't know how to crop out their toes or who posts the shipping quoted by eBay is wrong!

sox83cubs84
04-20-2012, 07:39 PM
What's worse to see in a photo...this guy's toes or the other eBay seller's toilet seat?

Dave Miedema

tharuier
04-20-2012, 08:57 PM
What's worse to see in a photo...this guy's toes or the other eBay seller's toilet seat?

Dave Miedema

Would most definitely have to be the toes.:D

Yankwood
04-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Maybe they're not his toes. Could they be packing peanuts?

jppopma
04-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Nice old school thread...good to see alot of old names!

Wasn't there one a while back where of a picture or mirror...and you could see way too much more in the reflection?

I agree that I don't care to see toes, toilets, or anything else....

GotInk?
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
As the resident Josh Phelps collector on GUU (yes, I really collect Josh's stuff!), that is his handwriting. If you ever care to move the bat, I'd love to add it to my collection (12 Phelps bats and counting!). Thanks and take care...Matt

both-teams-played-hard
04-23-2012, 10:08 PM
wow...Suave and Yankwood in the same thread? Feels like 2008 all over again.
Call up Rudy and Howard W. It's a party...:)

suave1477
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Well thanks everyone for the warm greetings. I pop my head in from time to time but for the most part im not here to stay. There is just too many conflicts on this forum but I do love the hobby. I do wish everyone the best in collecting and and will chime in from time to time. :)