PDA

View Full Version : Tri Star in San Francisco?

prichmond
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Any one going this weekend?

Dewey2007
04-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm planning to be there on Saturday for a couple of hours. Probably get there around 1pm.

Any one going this weekend?

Marrdar
04-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I cannot go, but need my Casilla and Lopez jerseys signed. Can anyone help? I can drop off the jerseys on Saturday at the show at 10:00 a.m. and pick them up on Sunday at the show.

solarlottry
04-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Marlon-I sent my 2010 Alex Smith and my 2010 Mizzou, Aldon Smith gamers to be signed at the show this weekend. I used "Denver Autographs" as they bring the shirts to the show and have them signed during their private signing session with each athlete.

Obviously with you living in the Bay Area, you should not have to do that, but it is always a surefire method by which you can have your shirts signed without attending the show itself.

Also if the signings are in say, Chicago, they attend all the big shows so they will take your items to the show, have them signed and then mail them back.

I have had at least 20-25 high end gamers signed and inscribed using Denver Autographs and have never had an issue. Not being there in person is a bummer but they do take a few images of your item being signed, which is a nice touch.

One potential issue is that, at times, the athlete will not inscribe what you want them too. We both know what that is like (i.e. Bronco letter-LOL!).

Recently I had my Frank Gore 2010 International Series gamer autographed by Gore at a show in Chicago but he would not inscribe it with his stats from the game! The guys from Denver Autographs thought he was not quite sharp enough to sign it correctly!

Hopefully you will find someone to take your shirts to the show!

Stay in touch.
Lets talk soon.
Paul

project 4
04-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I've been to a show before but that was when I was mainly collecting cards and never really paid attention to anything but the cards. I went to get cards graded and sold stuff. I know they have had tri star come over to the Houston area before. My question is do they sell gamers there as well? Or do yall just go to get your stuff signed by the athletes?

Marrdar
04-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I ended up going to the show and getting my jerseys signed by Santiago Casilla and Javier Lopez. Javier Lopez added "Game Used" on the jersey.

The Tri-Star show for the Bay Area is pretty much an autograph show, most dealer's items are pics and equipment to get signed by the players. It is well run, and they get good name players.

xpress34
04-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Marlon-I sent my 2010 Alex Smith and my 2010 Mizzou, Aldon Smith gamers to be signed at the show this weekend. I used "Denver Autographs" as they bring the shirts to the show and have them signed during their private signing session with each athlete.

Obviously with you living in the Bay Area, you should not have to do that, but it is always a surefire method by which you can have your shirts signed without attending the show itself.

Also if the signings are in say, Chicago, they attend all the big shows so they will take your items to the show, have them signed and then mail them back.

I have had at least 20-25 high end gamers signed and inscribed using Denver Autographs and have never had an issue. Not being there in person is a bummer but they do take a few images of your item being signed, which is a nice touch.

One potential issue is that, at times, the athlete will not inscribe what you want them too. We both know what that is like (i.e. Bronco letter-LOL!).

Recently I had my Frank Gore 2010 International Series gamer autographed by Gore at a show in Chicago but he would not inscribe it with his stats from the game! The guys from Denver Autographs thought he was not quite sharp enough to sign it correctly!

Hopefully you will find someone to take your shirts to the show!

Stay in touch.
Lets talk soon.
Paul

Paul -

Are you in the Colorado area? Ed and Ryan at Denver Autographs really do a fine job with their signings and are the 1st and only shop in the Denver area to bring PSA/DNA and JSA to the area for signings. The Field of Dreams shops in the area usually use 'local' certifiers Mounted Memories.

All the best -

Smitty
Thornton, CO

Buster23!
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
TO all the people that attended the show, what is your opinion of the show as a whole? I went to the Tristar San Fran show a couple years ago and I thought it was just o.k. for a Tristar show. Please let me know what yall think.