PDA

View Full Version : Non-Paying Bidders from the 8D Auction

ChrisCavalier
04-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

As follow-up to our auction in December, I am posting the names of the non-paying bidders from the auction. I will update this thread if these bidders ever do pay their invoices. They are:

Joseph Mayo
Henry Miller
Paul Trusso

Again, this post will be updated if their invoices are ever paid.

Regards,
Chris

Mulligans
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I know these guys......active forum members and very good guys!:)

Any idea why they did not pay?

ChrisCavalier
04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I have no idea why.

TakeoSpikesNeck
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey Chris when will the next 8D auction take place?

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Chris, I just noticed my name has been publicly posted as a non paying buyer in the last 8D auction. I would like to give an explanation as to why. As you know I won two jerseys....one was a jersey supposedly worn in the movie The Program...the other was a 1996 Andy Kelley game used jersey. I sent the Program jersey back to you since I have absolute irrefutable video evidence that the jersey was not worn in the movie. I will provide that video evidence if anyone would like to see it. As for the Kelley jersey, yes I still have it and yes I have not paid for it. However, I would like to point out that I have tried, without success, to reasonably match the jersey to Kelley during that season. I have concerns about the shirt and I would like to find out if in fact it is legit. All this being said, with zero excuses, I should have sent the Kelley jersey back to you. The fact that I have not is irresponsible on my part. I did not and do not have any intention to deceive you nor 8D auctions. I would not ruin my reputation on these forums and in the world of GU trading over a $200 Andy Kelley jersey. The bottom line is I simply forgot to follow up and send the jersey backc to you or pay for it. As I said I have no excuses....I was irresponsible...and those are the facts. There was absolutely no deceitful intentions whatsover. I hope you will forgive my mistake and realize that my lack to follow up was a simple oversight.

jppopma
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
I never knew or imagined that a buyer would receive a jersey and withhold payment until they could photomatch it. Mind blowing! Photomatching anything over 10 years old is not a very easy task.

No offense to Loomis, but you need to remember that there are consignors that Chris has to either pay money to or answer to month after month. It's not right to simply return the jersey after the fact and say that you were not able to photomatch it. Jerseys can vary in price from day to day, month to month, and this could have affected the value of the jersey in that time. Additionally you do not know how many other buyers may have come and go during that time either. What sells one day, will sit on the shelf for the other 364.

Hope this all gets worked out soon. Both for Loomis and for the other two names.

mickeymbz
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
" As for the Kelley jersey, yes I still have it and yes I have not paid for it"

how in the heck does an auction send out a lot without payment??? perhaps the fault lies in part to 8d auction for shipping out lots prior to payment. next time i bid and win in your next auction i also would like the item shipped to me prior to payment!

DoctorLoomis
04-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Guys, calm down about the circumstances surrounding the fact I received the jerseys before payment was made. Chris knows why the jerseys were sent to me and that is confidential to us. I chose to respond publicly due to the fact my name was posted publicly. Chris if you read this post please give me a call.........

aeneas01
04-17-2012, 05:22 PM
how in the heck does an auction send out a lot without payment???
i was thinkin' the same thing...

ironmanfan
04-17-2012, 11:25 PM
What surprises me the most is the thought that there are actually fake Arena Football League jerseys infiltrating the hobby.......

sportscentury
04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
I have not bid too heavily in major auctions for several years now, for a number of reasons, including that I have made many great player, team, and league contacts during this time and I just feel more comfortable buying directly. With this said, I would gladly return to more active bidding in a heartbeat if any of the major auction houses want to send me the items for photomatching prior to me having to make payment. That is a bidder's dream come true!

ironmanfan
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I have not bid too heavily in major auctions for several years now, for a number of reasons, including that I have made many great player, team, and league contacts during this time and I just feel more comfortable buying directly. With this said, I would gladly return to more active bidding in a heartbeat if any of the major auction houses want to send me the items for photomatching prior to me having to make payment. That is a bidder's dream come true!

After being taken advantage of in their last auction, I'm wondering if even Chris or 8D Auctions would even consider doing this again in the future....

ChrisCavalier
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been involved in a major project that has taken a great deal of my time recently which is why I haven't responded sooner.

Regarding the events referenced here, the sending of items prior to payment is NOT standard protocol. I actually did that of my own choosing given: a) Joseph was a member of the GUU community and I thought payment would not be an issue; and b) the amount of the item was not that exorbitant so I didn't see a huge downside risk.

When I made the posting about non-paying bidders, it was simply a matter of fact regarding who had paid and who did not. I did not plan to post all the specifics which Joseph decided to do on his own.

As is always the case with our auctions, all consignors were paid and I took it upon myself to send this item without payment. I honestly did not expect there to be any issues with the payment. Obviously, I was wrong. It should be noted that all payments were due within two weeks and that it was incumbent on the bidder to do their research prior to bidding. However, as with any good auction house, we will listen to any instances if there was clearly a mistake in any form of validation.

I hope that clears things up. Net, my mistake for trusting someone in a situation I thought would not come back to bite me. Again, that is NOT standard procedure.

Sincerely,
Chris

Larry Pelliccioni
07-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Chris, I just noticed my name has been publicly posted as a non paying buyer in the last 8D auction. I would like to give an explanation as to why. As you know I won two jerseys....one was a jersey supposedly worn in the movie The Program...the other was a 1996 Andy Kelley game used jersey. I sent the Program jersey back to you since I have absolute irrefutable video evidence that the jersey was not worn in the movie. I will provide that video evidence if anyone would like to see it. As for the Kelley jersey, yes I still have it and yes I have not paid for it. However, I would like to point out that I have tried, without success, to reasonably match the jersey to Kelley during that season. I have concerns about the shirt and I would like to find out if in fact it is legit. All this being said, with zero excuses, I should have sent the Kelley jersey back to you. The fact that I have not is irresponsible on my part. I did not and do not have any intention to deceive you nor 8D auctions. I would not ruin my reputation on these forums and in the world of GU trading over a $200 Andy Kelley jersey. The bottom line is I simply forgot to follow up and send the jersey backc to you or pay for it. As I said I have no excuses....I was irresponsible...and those are the facts. There was absolutely no deceitful intentions whatsover. I hope you will forgive my mistake and realize that my lack to follow up was a simple oversight.

I have asked you for the proof you speak of Joe and you have not responded so I will ask you again to please send it to me as I know the sourcing of it and if proven wrong would use it to "do the right thing" for everyone involved.
My email is: larry@theclassicstuff.com
Thank you Joe.
Larry Pelliccioni