PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Juan Samuel Jersey ebay??

tharuier
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1984-Philadelphia-Phillies-Juan-Samuel-Game-Worn-Baseball-Jersey-MLB-/300693750185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4602be81a9

I do not even know where to begin.

sox83cubs84
04-10-2012, 12:35 AM
No name in collar tag; no tail year/set strip tag; no name on back; Wilson tag in wrong location (s/b in tail).

All told, it's likely a minor league Phils affiliate jersey, and, as such, is worth what he's asking. It is NOT however, worn by or issued to Samuel.

Dave Miedema

cohibasmoker
04-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Looks like it could be one of the jerseys that were offered in the early 1980's by a store in the Philadelphia area named Gold Medal Sporting Goods. Because the jerseys were made by Wilson, they were close to the gamers the Phillies wore. They were sold without a nameplate but for extra cash, a nameplate could be attached.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

tharuier
04-10-2012, 06:27 AM
No name in collar tag; no tail year/set strip tag; no name on back; Wilson tag in wrong location (s/b in tail).

All told, it's likely a minor league Phils affiliate jersey, and, as such, is worth what he's asking. It is NOT however, worn by or issued to Samuel.

Dave Miedema

Dave thank you very much I had my doubts and when I asked the seller his reply was "We think that it was, yes. It is his number and it fits the picture." which i must admit made me laugh a little.

TNTtoys
04-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Dave Miedema

Let's also not forget that a size 36 would possibly just be large enough to fit a boy in junior high school... :-)

sox83cubs84
04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
FWIW...Howard Wolf emailed the seller with similar concerns and received a similar non-theatening, but very lame reply.

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
04-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Let's also not forget that a size 36 would possibly just be large enough to fit a boy in junior high school... :-)

+1. :D