PDA

View Full Version : LS Model B193 with block-letter ROSS...

cook31
04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
New member here - question on a Louisville Slugger I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago. The bat dates from 65-68, is 34", has model #B193 stamped on the knob, and has the name ROSS in block letters on the barrel. I believe the only Ross in the majors at that time was pitcher Gary Ross, who came up with the Cubs in 68. Does anyone know if in fact this bat would have belonged to Gary Ross? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much...Jeff.

joelsabi
07-14-2012, 04:14 PM
New member here - question on a Louisville Slugger I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago. The bat dates from 65-68, is 34", has model #B193 stamped on the knob, and has the name ROSS in block letters on the barrel. I believe the only Ross in the majors at that time was pitcher Gary Ross, who came up with the Cubs in 68. Does anyone know if in fact this bat would have belonged to Gary Ross? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much...Jeff.

do some research. but i think pitchers were not given bat contracts by LVS and there bats had block letter of their last name only. so this sounds consistent. you might ask for bat ordering records for Ross.