PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Nationals Park and Camden Yards

harleighb
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm going to a conference in D.C. in a few weeks, so I'm adding a day to my trip to catch a game at Nationals Park (4/22) and catching a night game at Camden Yards (4/24). I've never been to either park before so I am really looking forward to the experience.

Does anyone have recommendations for things to see / unique foods to try at either park?

I believe I'll be able to secure some corporate tickets for the Nationals game but I'll end up purchasing tickets for the Orioles game. Since the Orioles game is on a Tuesday night, I've been able to find quite a variety of tickets. I'm looking at purchasing tickets right over the dugout. Any reason not to do so? Is there a better place to sit?

Thanks for any assistance.

CampWest
04-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I've been to Camden a few times... Each time I had seats ranging from 5-15 rows up between mound and first base. Definitely can't go wrong sitting there.

As for food, I can't recall much specific. There is Boog Powell's BBQ in RF, which was fine, but being from KC I have pretty high standards for BBQ. On the plus side, at least two of my 3 times at Camden, Boog was there mingling with the fans.

One game I went to we took an early dinner at bobrooks.com for some crab. That was a memorable meal... As I recall Bo Brooks is only 3-4 miles from Camden.

Shipp_96
04-05-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm going to a conference in D.C. in a few weeks, so I'm adding a day to my trip to catch a game at Nationals Park (4/22) and catching a night game at Camden Yards (4/24). I've never been to either park before so I am really looking forward to the experience.

Does anyone have recommendations for things to see / unique foods to try at either park?

I believe I'll be able to secure some corporate tickets for the Nationals game but I'll end up purchasing tickets for the Orioles game. Since the Orioles game is on a Tuesday night, I've been able to find quite a variety of tickets. I'm looking at purchasing tickets right over the dugout. Any reason not to do so? Is there a better place to sit?

Thanks for any assistance.

No bad seats in Camden. Also, when in Maryland, you HAVE to eat the crab cakes!! Something I have personally been missing ever since we moved from MD a year ago.

As for the Nats park, it's located on the Potomac facing Arlington, VA. Looks nice. I personally never went, just drove by it. My former co-workers from the Govt. used to go all the time and said the ballpark fare was decent.