PDA

View Full Version : NEW NFl Nike Jerseys - Increase Retails? = increase GU?

jake33
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
From reading on the day of the unveiling of the new NFL jerseys. I am kind of thinking the retails for replica and authentic jerseys will both go up. I don't think when spokepeople say "increased styling" "better performance", etc... it will lower prices at all.

With that, at times I do think there is some correlation in retail jersey prices and game used prices. I am not talking about your old reebok jerseys being thought of as collector items. It is more so going forward, will be short term spikes in game used? I assume when the first 2012 Nike game used jerseys hit NFl auctions, back up OG's will go in the $500+ range. But if authentic jerseys rose to $275-$300 and replica's hit $95, does game used follow?

I know I have sold some game used bucs jerseys in the past for under $100, which is insane. And I know other forum members have had to dump great game used NFl jerseys at times in that sub $100 range, will that be the cae any more?

--
BTW, feel bad for your Seahawks fans, no idea that the Seahawks planned to move to the defunct World League, those uniforms are horrible.

jake33
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Just read this on businessweek....

Higher Price

Reebok had to adjust its buying strategy last year to reflect the final year of its NFL deal, company spokesman Dan Sarro said last week in an e-mailed statement. Swallow said that Reebok’s conservative approach to 2011, the new tailored fit of the Nike jerseys, and their higher prices -- Reebok’s base replica cost $85; the Nike equivalent will be $100 -- may result in jersey sales doubling this season as opposed to 2011.

Shipp_96
04-03-2012, 01:00 PM
--
BTW, feel bad for your Seahawks fans, no idea that the Seahawks planned to move to the defunct World League, those uniforms are horrible.

Those are HANDS DOWN, the most gaudy things I have ever seen. Wow, fugly at it's finest! Poor Marshawn Lynch, he left Buffalo (which had the worst uniforms) only to see them change back to their classic look. Comes to Seattle, and gets stuck in these? And what's with all the horrible color combinations? Just awful...

gingi79
04-03-2012, 01:18 PM
NFL.com has the new jerseys available for every team EXCEPT the Seahawks....

slab0meat
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
NFL.com has the new jerseys available for every team EXCEPT the Seahawks....

Must be sold out already..

cough

jake33
04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I guess the panthers have inspirational words from the late Sam Mills on their collar, which is a little different.

It looks like the Bears made their sleeve striping bigger and the sleeve numbers moved to the sholders, or maybe that was just Urlacher's cut for the model jersey.

I don't really like the concept of 4-way stretch numbers on the jerseys. The numbers can look small and tampered at times, instead of a consistant block look. I really don't think that aspect is very nessessary at all.

I wonder how Nike will convert these to be main stream enough for retail authentic jerseys. The actual gamers will be very tight to where a size 52 would really be a medium. I am thinking retail authentics will hit the $275 retail and maybe $300. Again, I wonder on the affects of that into the game used world.

otismalibu
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I am thinking retail authentics will hit the $275 retail and maybe $300.

I think all the Elite retail jerseys (Authentics) are $250. Which would actually be a decrease in price for Steelers jerseys.