PDA

View Full Version : Best. Photomatch. Ever.

happyyoungster
04-02-2012, 04:46 PM
As collectors, we've photomatched all kinds of things...jerseys, bats, hats, helmets, sneakers, gloves, etc.

After selling countless forged product, creating numerous usernames to conceal identity, lies, denial and threats to others when called out, etc. etc...one of our fellow neighborhood scam-artists is back at it.
This time, though, he's been pinpointed by none other than some old raggedy shag carpeting. Yes...carpeting.

"Prettyasiangirl11" err...Michael E. Schultz has to make this month's rent, so, he's back on Ebay. Want a Cecil Cooper gamer helmet?
Don't look HERE. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/CECIL-COOPER-GAME-USED-UNCRACKED-1980S-BREWERS-ABC-7-1-8-HELMET-NICE-/160776636710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256f08c926)

Forgot or don't know who this guy is?
Click HERE (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=39798&highlight=mike+schultz) to refresh your memory.

*I cannot take credit for this unbelievable eye for detail. An unparalleled devotion to honest collecting...only a man truly consecrated to our great hobby deserves this recognition.
Of course, I'm referring to Jamie Schultz (no relation). You may know him as "skubebats." Nice work, Jamie. You ARE an asset to this family.

Feast your eyes on this photomatch...
(Bat on left-a Ryan Braun 2009 SAM listed in May of 2011 proved to have had fabricated game use applied to it by said scammer)
(Bat on right-a Dave Parker Rawlings bat currently listed on Ebay by said scammer (I have no opinion on the legitimacy of this bat)

happyyoungster
04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
One more thing for the record:

Brewer Jamie (banned former member) DID NOT ask me to post this for him. I insisted after he brought it to my attention.

project 4
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Very astute observation. Thanks for the heads up.

Trublubrucru
04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
To add to that, it's not a 1990 Brewer Bat. The knob shows a 9 for a batch year of 1989. His descriptions are usually incorrect too. BEWARE

frikativ54
04-02-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I Photoshop all of the stains and dirt on my carpet out of my pictures before I post them. It's faster than actually cleaning it! :p

Trublubrucru
04-03-2012, 08:32 AM
.... And the Dave Parker hat has 1989 or earlier tagging, he didn't play for the Brewers until 1990. Probably a Tom Filers hat.... another misleading description

happyyoungster
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Ironically enough...

The Fielder & Braun helmets he has are actually pretty nice pieces.
I understand the tactic, though. Mix a few bad items in with a handful of solid stuff to deflect any further dispute.

Anyone ever attempt to take an MLB hologram off an item before?
I haven't...just curious to hear how difficult/easy it is.

So, that begs the question: Has anyone ever seen or heard of a forged MLB authenticated item?? Is it even possible??