PDA

View Full Version : zanebats on ebay ?

ramsrule
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
can anyone tell me about zanebats on ebay ? are the bats they sell legit or not ?

Preston
03-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Zanebats (aka Zane Burns) is a friend of mine, and has been dealing in game used for a LONG time. I've gotten to know him better over the past year at various autograph signings...he may not be the cheapest seller, but from what I've been able to tell and have heard he's very legit. Hope this helps!

He also sets up at the Nationals every year.

rufusandherschel
03-30-2012, 07:57 AM
can anyone tell me about zanebats on ebay ? are the bats they sell legit or not ?

Zane Burns (Zanebats) is a "stand-up" guy. If there is/are any issue(s) or problem(s), he'll make it right. You can buy with confidence from Zanebats.

BernBabyBern
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Same here. Not the cheapest. But a good guy to work with!

Pablo

MSpecht
03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Just to throw my two cents in about Zane Burns -- we have known each other for many years, have bought bats from, and sold bats to, each other, and have on occasion corrected one another's error on a bat. Our first transaction dates back from at least 18 years or so, to as recently as several months ago. I have never had cause to question his integrity, or his willingness to 'make things right' if an error has been made or even if his customer just "isn't 100% satisfied."

For those interested in a more in-depth look at the historical aspect of collecting game used bats, here's a link:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/blog/post.php?topic=151

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

murfsteve25
03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I've delt with Zane before and had a great transaction with him

BostonSportsFan
03-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Current offering on Ebay from Zane Burns:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richie-Allen-Denny-Doyle-Game-Worn-Hat-Cap-Phila (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richie-Allen-Denny-Doyle-Game-Worn-Hat-Cap-Phila)
delphia-Phillies-7-1-4-/190659840301?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c
6436492d

I’m a bit confused and possibly a hat or Phillies collector can provide insight. Zane notes in his listing “You are bidding on a Wilson game worn Philadelphia Phillies hat cap of Richie Allen from 1960s-1970s”. How can this be listed as a 1960’s hat when the Phillies first began using this style of P in 1970? He then notes, “Hat could also have been worn by Denny Doyle in the 1970’s-”. The hat has a Wilson manufacturing code that indicates April, 1972. When checking records, Denny Doyle wore #15 in 1972-1974. Allen wore #15 upon his return to the Phillies in 1975. Based on my research and conversations with advanced hat and Phillies collectors, they confirm that it’s highly unlikely that the Phillies would have inventoried a hat manufactured for them in 1972 until 1975 for a player (in this case Allen) to wear. Likewise, Zane has listed other Phillies hats on Ebay and has noted incorrect years of use on these as well. I have confirmed that this has been brought to Zane’s attention.

As noted I spoke with a collector who specifically
pointed this out to Zane that Allen was there in 1975, and Denny Doyle wore
#15 from 1972 when it was manufactured until 1974, and Zane just changed the
title but did not remove the hat or relist it as doyle's.

I’d appreciate any insight from other Forum members on my post. If anybody has some additional information that both I and several other Phillies and hat collectors have noted I would appreciate that information.

Unless I am missing something this listing is simply incorrect period and when brought to Zane Burns attention it still has not been corrected properly.

Joe

BostonSportsFan
03-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Current offering on Ebay from Zane Burns:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richie-Allen-Denny-Doyle-Game-Worn-Hat-Cap-Phila (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richie-Allen-Denny-Doyle-Game-Worn-Hat-Cap-Phila)
delphia-Phillies-7-1-4-/190659840301?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c
6436492d

I’m a bit confused and possibly a hat or Phillies collector can provide insight. Zane notes in his listing “You are bidding on a Wilson game worn Philadelphia Phillies hat cap of Richie Allen from 1960s-1970s”. How can this be listed as a 1960’s hat when the Phillies first began using this style of P in 1970? He then notes, “Hat could also have been worn by Denny Doyle in the 1970’s-”. The hat has a Wilson manufacturing code that indicates April, 1972. When checking records, Denny Doyle wore #15 in 1972-1974. Allen wore #15 upon his return to the Phillies in 1975. Based on my research and conversations with advanced hat and Phillies collectors, they confirm that it’s highly unlikely that the Phillies would have inventoried a hat manufactured for them in 1972 until 1975 for a player (in this case Allen) to wear. Likewise, Zane has listed other Phillies hats on Ebay and has noted incorrect years of use on these as well. I have confirmed that this has been brought to Zane’s attention.

As noted I spoke with a collector who specifically
pointed this out to Zane that Allen was there in 1975, and Denny Doyle wore
#15 from 1972 when it was manufactured until 1974, and Zane just changed the
title but did not remove the hat or relist it as doyle's.

I’d appreciate any insight from other Forum members on my post. If anybody has some additional information that both I and several other Phillies and hat collectors have noted I would appreciate that information.

Unless I am missing something this listing is simply incorrect period and when brought to Zane Burns attention it still has not been corrected properly.

Joe

Sorry, here is the correct live link attached,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richie-Allen-Denny-Doyle-Game-Worn-Hat-Cap-Philadelphia-Phillies-7-1-4-/190659840301?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c6436492d

Joe

Tallyman77
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Well one thing is certain......It is not Richie Allen's hat. Another thing is certain.....it is the wrong size for Denny Doyle. One more thing.......it is tremendously overpriced not to belong to either guy!

-Walt

Tallyman77

Evergreen7777@att.net

gotagreatdog
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Well right now he has a couple Reds caps on ebay that he calls "game used" but per the Wilson cap code the caps were made AFTER the Reds had switched to another style... and they don't have the player number stamps used by the Reds... and he's asking $995 for them...

I pointed out to him that a 1961-66 Reds cap made in 1968 could not be "game used"; after which he changed the listing to read "1958 Reds cap"...